Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Novice

Hopefully this will help clear some unnecessary spam in globals.

I was curious before as to immorals just trying to do one quest so they could keep receiving bonuses and decided to test it. I sifted through around 72 hours of my output to track wins/losses/etc and put it into a standard wordpad document and attached it. Here are the cliff notes of what I saw:

1. Adding an auto-win at 75% would do no good, if anything it would just make it easier for morals to win, so the premise for my tests were proven wrong.

2. I would encourage more participation. Perhaps instead of making it fully random for the amount of gold given, make it a ticket based system. This will encourage people to participate even if they are under the confirmed devotion affect. I would have suggested to increase the amount of prac/rp if you completed a quest more than once but this would again disfavor the immorals.

3. This is most important I believe. From this (limited) test time I noticed that as the immorals gained in the amount of lean it appears to increase % based on a scheme such as this: 1:1, 1.5:1, 2:1, 2.5:1, 3:1. This is fine, but when the immorals win it appears to lean back down faster.

For example, if immorals have a 2:1 advantage and lose, they go to2.5:1. However, if they would win then the advantage goes down to 1:1again. To me this is not fair. If anything I would lean 1:1, 2:1, 3:1and then back down the same. This could help even the amount of wins to some degree.

4. Trial completion time is much longer in the nighttime USA. This is expected, but perhaps you could add an additional modifier to those who only play at those times. I am not among that group, but it could be fair to those players who only play during offpeak times. Perhaps give everyone 1 higher lean from the hours around 1-6 AM CST.

5. I noticed even in the case of morals winning, the same few people completed the quest multiple times. This is really the reason I would advise adding another benefit to those who complete as suggested in number 2 above. I'm not suggesting anything drastic as I think the current rewards are great but something to test to see if more people would join. Like increase the benefit of the spell affect duration from the quest or something to those who completed it.

I sent you a text only version, but it is not doctored (except to edit out the non-valid output I capture). If you require screenshots I have those too, in limited amounts (just wins basically).

Yes, I do realize that this e-mail is more-or-less asking to tone the amount of moral wins and that I am moral. Call it RP, the fact i'm a Bishop (Fallad), whatever but I just things should be fair.

Sincerely,

- Xabren
aka: Rich

Edit:

Moral of this post: Complete the trials whenever you are able to (even if you have confirmed devotion). If not, kindly STFU

Last edited by Xabren; 06-04-2008 at 07:17 AM.