Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Wanderer

Default Trials

The Karmova Trials was an excellent idea, but I've found one problem. The types of quests you get seem to be based entirely on remort level rather than some kind of point-based system, such as ranks. The problem here is that if someone were to remort quickly and become a major remort, they'll find it very difficult completing many of the trials, requiring them to venture into areas such as Bhalin Deeps or the Everglades. I think the types of quests that are handed out should be based on some kind of point-based system similar to that of the rank system, so as to make sure that players can still participate in trials, rather than get a quest and find you're way too weak to complete it. Any other thoughts on this?

EDIT: I need to post more.. my avatar needs clothes, he's nekkid

Last edited by Cirdan; 06-27-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Administrator

I think you will find that the idea here is to stay a mortal, minor longer so that you may grow and learn a little about the game... its not a race, be around people your own size for a while, pk against them, learn a little. All this helps the future of the game, people get upset when they grow too fast and can not compete against the big chars and quit... your a new generation.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 AM
Wanderer

I understand that. But things shouldn't be designed based on "this is how the player SHOULD play." If someone wants to become a major early on and still wants to do trials, they should be able to.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

No the plain truth of it is that you should not be a major unless you can handle major things... many people power level to major and find they can not handle whats there and quit... this is detremental to the growth of Nodeka.

You should not run before you can walk!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Wanderer

Well, I disagree with you entirely. If someone wants to play that way, you have no right to deny them that. Everyone, doesn't matter who or how powerful, should be able to participate in the trials. By changing it so the difficulty of the trial is based on a system similar to that for ranking would allow that. By denying those who power level to major remort the ability to participate in trials, they will find being a major remort even LESS fun and more difficult. So I would think changing that would actually appeal to more people, and may retain some of the players who do power level to major. It would give them something else to do, and would make the game more fun. If we are losing people who do powerlevel, why not find a way to retain those players as well?

Last edited by Cirdan; 07-01-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Noone is stopping anyone from taking part in anything... you want to go out and get yourself killed be my guest.
But the idea of being a major is a little like life
Mortal = Baby - you can do baby things
Minor = Teenager - Hey you are growing up and now you can handle things that are better than baby things
Major = Adult - Now you can go play in the major league, you are all grown up and full of knowledge and able to handle what life throws at you.

Now then those that rush from baby to adult, lets call them clones for the sake of an argument... they are raised in a testube and go from phoetus to full grown in a couple of weeks... they have no knowledge, no power and little understanding of the world and its dangers... see thats you

Some of us spent quite some time getting where we are today and we have no desire as majors to be running ants just cause some noobie like you can't handle being in the major leagues... so the long and the short of it is, I don't care if you agree with me or not, but facts is facts and you got 2 choices suck it up or STFU!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Wanderer

I really don't think you understand what I'm proposing here at all, so until you do, don't tell me to stfu, thank you. The change I'm proposing would not require you to run ants at all. As I said, the difficulty of the trial would be determined by a system similar to the rank system. So for those who are more powerful, such as yourself, they will have to complete the more difficult quests that are already in place. This change in no way makes things easy or boring for you, and it allows others, who God forbid play differently than you, to also enjoy the new addition of the Karmova Trials. I'm not saying anything about making all the trial quests easy to do. If that's what you thought, then perhaps you should STFU and learn to read. God forbid I disagree with you, as I was simply stating my own ideas on something here. So don't attack me just because I may prefer to play differently than you.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Novice

Cirdan, the point you're missing is that Serenity feels power-leveling to major should, in fact, be discouraged. Don't get in such a huff over a simple acronym.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personamb View Post
Cirdan, the point you're missing is that Serenity feels power-leveling to major should, in fact, be discouraged. Don't get in such a huff over a simple acronym.
His example was fine. His calling me a noob was uncalled for, and so was the attitude. So as far as I'm concerned, he can STFU if he can't argue with people in a civil way. Simple as that.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Wanderer

Default Implementation?

I see what your saying cirdan, but to me the hard part comes in at implementation, and then after that what incentives it would support.
1) Does your contribution to the moral/immoral battle be a smaller % then those who are completing harder trials?
2)Does your rewards also vary according to what you contributing?
3)Just at steps 1 and 2, the amount of implementation to just hand out trials dependent on , well dependent on what exactly? You said rank in an above post. Over all rank? And so the whole population of nodeka will have separate little sections of trials they can do and separate little contributions. Maybe a better attempt is stat base totals?

At any rate, in my opinion, this sets up a system that continually favors the strongest characters on nodeka.
The strongest character get the most challenging ones, but also get uber rewards, furthering the gap between the weak and strong.

I think that the people who don't have the stats to really contribute to the trial process probably don't really know much about the game in general, and as Serenity suggested, ought to know the game better. I don't know if you can complain about that there isn't anything else to do, because we have a bunch of quests to keep you busy if your bored of growing.

The implementation stress would just be too much, and really in my mind seems unnecessary to accommodate people who just want to power level.