Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 01-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Hero

Default Does Mjol need to be toned?

If you feel Mjol needs to be toned, please place your idea/suggestions here.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Apprentice

Default Re:Does Mjol need to be toned?

Simple answer: Yes.

I feel that weave needs to be adjusted, and then, possibly, rune-ring too.

I wouldn\'t feel that both should be done simultaneously however - might be better to do weave first, and see how it is and then progress from there.

-Iblis.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator

I do not believe that the mjol is op, I do believe that mjols when paired with some races can become op... that said a tone would have more of a detremental affect on those who choose not to go one of the races.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Apprentice

Nods, I thought so too, but as has been demonstrated, even halving the strength on oji provides for a better weave.

The problem isn\'t races, it\'s weave.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Hero

Iblis wrote:
Quote:
Nods, I thought so too, but as has been demonstrated, even halving the strength on oji provides for a better weave.

The problem isn\'t races, it\'s weave.
Agreed- I don\'t really understand the point of weave lasting as long as it does. Why not just put it back on the old prevent? That would be a huge difference- without crippling them.

We don\'t want to cripple any classes, we want to bring them down to where they have their great strengths, but to where they are not the end all.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Wanderer

I find it hard to understand how people who play obviously overpowered classes can\'t see it.

Yes Wizards need toning, I would suggest a tone to weaves stats and leave the duration intact, as the !flee that is effectively created from the insane +agi is still going to be an issue on a shorter prevent. I would probably like to see rune rings base power lowered as well, but I guess it would make sense to do these changes one at a time so see what the affect is.

Wizards currently fill the role of one of the strongest classes in both running rates and player killing power, and they don\'t even need insane pracs to achieve this. That is blatantly overpowered.

In regards to toning of Oji +str creating a better weave, that isn\'t really true, the loss of +con has increased the prevent on vefr, meaning that combined with the loss in damage it was defiantly a tone and not a buff. That said, I still think they need further toning as I have mentioned above.

-mage
Old 01-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Hero

mage... wrote:
Quote:
I find it hard to understand how people who play obviously overpowered classes can\'t see it.

Yes Wizards need toning, I would suggest a tone to weaves stats and leave the duration intact, as the !flee that is effectively created from the insane +agi is still going to be an issue on a shorter prevent. I would probably like to see rune rings base power lowered as well, but I guess it would make sense to do these changes one at a time so see what the affect is.

Wizards currently fill the role of one of the strongest classes in both running rates and player killing power, and they don\'t even need insane pracs to achieve this. That is blatantly overpowered.

In regards to toning of Oji +str creating a better weave, that isn\'t really true, the loss of +con has increased the prevent on vefr, meaning that combined with the loss in damage it was defiantly a tone and not a buff. That said, I still think they need further toning as I have mentioned above.

-mage
Well said. You get a plus karma!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Wanderer

yes and ummm...... yes?
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Wanderer

Yeah I think they need toning, wave lasts too long and the rune-ring is OP
Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Novice

if you think rune-ring is OP take a look at chaos star at 250% The same damage with twice the lag, a fighter doing that kinda massive damage is clearly OP, if your a fighter and you aren't a maruader then you are WRONG!!