Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Novice

If you want to retain new players, you really need to make the game playable for those just starting out. By playable, I mean a person shouldn't have to bot for 5 years to catch up with older players and join pk/crafting/training skills to ridiculous percentages.

Nodeka direly needs a player cap at lower levels (pools,practices,etc.) for a new player to enjoy the pk aspect of the "pk mud". Ideally, you should have to play hardcore for maybe 10-12 months before being able to come within at least a threat range of any character on the mud.

I know players who have been playing for 10 years don't want to lose their hard-earned power. To circumvent this, why not create a new class attainable by those players of exceptional size, i.e., demi-god. Demi-god classed characters could be allowed to pk within their own sphere, and not bother other players new to the mud and subject to constraints allowing a player to "play" Nodeka without ancticipating spending a good number of years catching up to the older players.

I think the biggest problem at the moment is the near limitless pools players are allowed to have. Training skills and stats a bit higher is one thing, but a new player starting at a few thousand hp's can't put a dent in a 50-100k character, which makes pk seem pretty futile. The pool cap should be around 20-25k. This would also create incentive to use healers more in group runs.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Novice

-salvage in mortal areas would be hot! and woulnt bigger players abuse that?

-25k pool cap would be hot! but i dont agree with demi god status.. sounds like it would split the mud..
________
silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-21-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Why would salvage in mortal areas be good? mortals can not craft, so I do not see the benefit
Old 09-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Novice

Well it allows them a second income stream for one, and it makes it more exciting for new players. You could make it so they can craft.. mabey just not as good as a minor/major ... gives incentive to keep playing Just some noise

Sas
________
BMW K1

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-21-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Novice

I think the crafting system is challenging and should be left for majors only. I do think some mortal/minors could benefit from some new equipment though. Some that would only drop in !remort areas and that have a lifetime of say a month.

It should be stat capped though. I am not sure if Nodeka can do that presently, but it would be nice. Say the gear is only usable for those that are <100 base and <3k pools at non-remort and <200 base <5k pools at minor.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Wanderer

I agree with Bihzad, a pools cap would create a much more balanced pk/game experience. More strategy would be involved, in running and pking.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Novice

Holy S**t ot's Krull! What up son, how you been?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Still stalking the boards I see T
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Apprentice

True story.

-Iblis.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Novice

Was actually trying to get medical advice since thats all I've seen on these forums in months, but yeah I pop in time to time. How's the game these days?