Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Novice

I care. Ninja's stink, but so do footpads, and witches, and all the other classes that are ridiculously outdated.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Apprentice

*shrug* Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all. I cried about mental tiaran not going up/down for years. It's still a weak ability, but no one is going to consider buffing warlocks at this point in time.

I'd be happy to discuss other classes, but I think this thread is about ninjas, and there are like half a dozen ninjas on Nodeka. I can even name them all:

Izzral
Dios
Syveril
Vivec
Fenulia
Sly
Old 11-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syveril View Post
I'd be happy to discuss other classes, but I think this thread is about ninjas, and there are like half a dozen ninjas on Nodeka. I can even name them all:
Wow we're a popular crowd. NARUTO POWER V^_^
________
Vaporizer

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Apprentice

With every single class having a lock, some even with two, it's fair to say it's about time to let the two sneakiest class have a skill to break out of lock - Footpads and ninjas. I know this has been discussed about before but i thought i'd bring it up again.

Everyone knows footpads are as good as dead if they get locked into combat. As most of their primary dmg would need them not to be in combat. And ninjas with short burst damage, they'll suck if they can't flee and recuperate for the next line of attack.

I suggest all sub-class of both classes get an advance flee guarantee prevention that allows them to have flawless flees (with vanish being 100%).
1. This will ensure they break off from locks or impairments. As it is a guarantee prevention there are no stats comparison.
2. But a lag of 1000 is occured as he/she flees. This atleast gives sometime for people to catch them if they're paying attn (plus most people have chasers).
3. The prevention time should be of 2 locks prevention time so that they cannot break from 2 locks successfully.

On another note, certain sub-class should be made pro-flees as well
Two classes are:
Mist warrior and Nameless one

1. Mist warrior - Unka should be made able to break from locks and impairments. (I see why unka has been removed from all subclasses. I have no qualms with that anymore)
2. Nameless One - thieves' directional sidestep. So much for being super invis. Still doesn't help if they get locked.

Although two of this skills have been mention. If this feature would be added the prevention time should also be toned.
________
Mercedes-benz om615 specifications

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Apprentice

Actually, Unka is still available for Shisou. As if that subclass needed any more buffing. Between Shisou's awesome agility/dexterity(somewhere in the 500s half the time, with amassed reflexes followed by hakanai shouten), and Meijin's "ignore NR" spell, the others are kind of in the doldrums(Maho is situationally useful, as when your opponent has a large number of short-term buffs and short-term preventions). Ijiwaru as I recall, had as much as +300 agility(or -300 if you failed?) for 5(20) seconds, with a 20 minute prevention. That was 5 years ago with Basara though, so may not be accurate. And of course, don't even get me started on Mist Warriors...

Edit: Oh yeah, and stun getting singled out as the one impairment to be blocked. I say let's just make them all !impairment, or else allow Hakanai Shouten to subtract from stun protection(eg, 173% stun protection, - 150% stun perfection=23% stun protection). Of course, this also means no more 100% stun perfection regardless of level/stats, but allows Ninja to use stun, if necessary. No other skill/spell in the game is specifically and completely blocked, as far as I know.

Last edited by Fenulia; 11-22-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Wanderer

I haven't been a ninja for to long... but from what I noticed...

POINTLESS SKILL:
Antei of hakanai shouten

example:
whispering wind antei 100%
antei of hakanai shouten 7%

...Do you see the difference? :P

No trackless movement????
I was wondering when I switched to ninja why they didn't have a trackless movement skill... doesn't make much since.

RUNNING:
I think that ninjas shouldn't be able to run that fast, because they are suppose to be mainly PK based....

No speed buffs:
Meh.... I like the haste idea

I kinda did this quick so its not detailed... but yeah
Old 11-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Apprentice

Hakanai Shouten is supposed to make stun relevant in combat. Unfortunately, the +hit/-hit it provides is not quite enough to make up the difference. Especially against Warlocks and anyone else with Stun protection/impairment invulnerability. I feel that anti-impairments need to be less either/or.

Trackless movement: Design decision. Seems like all the various "stealthy" classes(Footpads, Ninjas, Marauders, Hunters) lack in a single aspect. More, the less stealthy they are "supposed to be".

Below are the various aspects of "stealthiness":
Lack !distance magic(visit, port, who command): Hunters/Footpads
Lack cloak: Hunters(all but 1 sub), Marauders.
Lack unseen motion: Marauders.
Lack palm: Only Footpads and Marauders have this. Ninjas and Shadow Tholecs can kind of accomplish this while cloaked.
Lack movement impairment(Enmesh, North Wind): Ninjas, Marauders.
Lack tracking skill(Hunt/Shadow/Shi-ku): Marauders
Lack ambush: Marauders
Lack trackless movement: Ninjas

What's up with Marauders anyways? They're not exactly stealthy, not exactly fightery, but superior to Ninja overall. Seems like 2 classes trying to fill the same niche.

Anyways, the only use I've found for leaving tracks behind is to lead people into an ambush, but as has been reiterated multiple times, ambush just becomes irrelevant the further up the HP ladder you go. About the same as banded smiting, actually.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenulia View Post
Hakanai Shouten is supposed to make stun relevant in combat. Unfortunately, the +hit/-hit it provides is not quite enough to make up the difference. Especially against Warlocks and anyone else with Stun protection/impairment invulnerability. I feel that anti-impairments need to be less either/or.
I agree on you with that. Make shouten possible to break through !stun & !impairement. It's only like 3 stun rounds.

Quote:
Trackless movement: Design decision. Seems like all the various "stealthy" classes(Footpads, Ninjas, Marauders, Hunters) lack in a single aspect. More, the less stealthy they are "supposed to be".

Below are the various aspects of "stealthiness":
Lack !distance magic(visit, port, who command): Hunters/Footpads
Lack cloak: Hunters(all but 1 sub), Marauders.
Lack unseen motion: Marauders.
Lack palm: Only Footpads and Marauders have this. Ninjas and Shadow Tholecs can kind of accomplish this while cloaked.
Lack movement impairment(Enmesh, North Wind): Ninjas, Marauders.
Lack tracking skill(Hunt/Shadow/Shi-ku): Marauders
Lack ambush: Marauders
Lack trackless movement: Ninjas
I'm not following why you've posted all that above. Are you saying all those class should get the same skills? Seriously then we should just wipe all them classes and make one just called stealh-master....

Quote:
Anyways, the only use I've found for leaving tracks behind is to lead people into an ambush, but as has been reiterated multiple times, ambush just becomes irrelevant the further up the HP ladder you go. About the same as banded smiting, actually.
Have you ever been chased before or try to catch a hunter? It's more than just ambush. You don't know how useful it is yet.
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Apprentice

The list was mostly just to show that it's possible that Nijlo consciously chose for each class to be unable to do one aspect of stealth(or more). Also to show where each class lacks.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
No. Palm is palm, cloak is irrelevant.

Quote:
About the same as banded smiting, actually.
It's interesting how well skills like ishtl's thrashing and charge continue to be relevant, making barbarians continue to be a strong class choice, whereas so many of our skills are outdated.