Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator

What may not be true elsewhere I doubt is going to be true here. Those who have large chars would stay in the old world and still noone would go to the new one. I also doubt that nijlo could subsidise 2 servers and one would not support the other.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Novice

With an idea like that, as Iblis has stated many times, you would effectively split the player base into two. I think the only way a pwipe would work (however unlikely) is if on this 2nd version it had all new areas, mobs, quests, features, etc.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Wanderer

Almost everyone seems to be pretty narrowminded here.

Especially when half or so of the posts contain flames to someone.

Perhaps I was foolish enough to think that people would want to post their ideas to improve things, instead of displaying immaturity and grudges.

So... here's my two cents, likely to be disregarded and flamed later as usual.

I see a lot of people complaining about things like botting and pk. So let's start with botting. It's not completely necessary, but it certainly helps. Of course there is a pandemic of botting within the mud, but who cares? Does botting affect YOU? Nope. Except for when you're doing it yourself. Why is botting necessary? Simple. Because there is NOTHING else to do. With the inception of crafting equipment and karmova quests (both wonderful ideas btw, mad props!), players have more to occupy their time. Let's keep in mind now, that the main goal of this game IS to get bigger. So let's not complain when the immortals find more ways for us to do so, k?

As for pk, same thing. I don't expect to defeat Torment in battle. Ever. Ever. But ya know what? I think I can live with that. Every MUD has the same issues. Bigger players will always rule. By a significant amount. You simply cannot take 4-5 players who have put maybe 6 months into the mud and allow them to kill someone who has played his/her guts our for 3 years. And I'm sure that all new players expect this. I don't see any game rule/augments/bonuses/class buffs/whatever discouraging pking. What I do see is players holding grudges and revenge killing to the point where no one wants to pk. The answer to this 'problem' isn't to change nodeka, it's to change yourselves. This IS a game, after all. Getting pkd doesn't affect your character WHATSOEVER. Still, people get pissed. Perhaps we can all try to lighten up a bit and play for fun. On a side note, if you are botting, you really don't have the right to get pissed about being pked.

To prove my point with pk, I will make an example of myself. I will put significantly more effort into pking, and we will see how long it takes before I'm KOSed and need to camp chall for a week until Grim can negotiate my release 8-).

Oh, and I have NEVER complained about being killed. Ever.

Finally, to wrap up this little bundle of joy and send it on it's way, a brief thought about player base.

Start a new character. Do not ask for experience runs. Do not transfer plat from your alt. Do not get help from your clannies. Do not use scripts. How long will it take for you to reach level 100? How long until you can save the plat for remort? And what, exactly, are you going to do in the meantime other than a few mejath quests? THAT is the problem with losing new players. I love the crafting and karmova quests, but if we really want to capture and keep new players, the immortals should put serious thought into developing story lines and other stuff to do for mortals and minors (and even lowbie majors). (Case in point, how much equipment is there for a level 100 mortal? It's IMPOSSIBLE for any newbie/lowbie to obtain any decent equipment unless they buy it, or are given it by a friend/clannie. Hunting for equipment can be lots of fun, but we don't have that option here in Nodeka.)

So there's my two cents. Love your fellow newbie. Quit flaming people, it's just a game! Lighten up on the pk. Let's think of stuff to do, like a continual cit, or some story lines, clan quests, clan cooperation, etc. Nijlo and the immortals have shown us an incredible world with incredible imagination that, in my opinion, IS the best mud I've played. In return, let's quit complaining and enjoy it! I freaking love Nodeka, and I just know some of you freaks feel the same way.

*the ideas and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the ideas and opinions of the Slayers Clan, it's allies, clan members, or affiliates*
Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Apprentice

Re: equipment.

I've long complained that the major problem with most equipment is that by the time you can kill the mob that loads it, the equipment is seldom relevant to you.