Default Re:Item Durability

Yeah, exactly.

Nodeka411.net Administrator
Old 01-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Hero

Iblis wrote:
Quote:
Unless crafting eq surpasses superuniques by next year, SU weeks need to be held continually to allow everyone access to SU pieces rather than only older players.

If crafting eq does surpass current SU eq by next year, then SU weeks could be stopped and no more held, because they would be unneccesary to mantain the balance between newer and older players.

That dumb bad guy from the Incredibles said it well, \"When everyone is super, no one is.\"
Iblis is a rockstar. I agree whole heartedly with this.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Wanderer

The only reason this is a bad idea is that the older players would have to actually stop botting long enough to go out and get new eq.

Imagine the whining at that point...

As soon as you get an eq set good enough to bot X all day, there is no point in running eq (unless you have the time to market/sell it).

I just replied to a 10 week old post! Weeee!

-Zq
Old 03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Zqxm wrote:
Quote:
The only reason this is a bad idea is that the older players would have to actually stop botting long enough to go out and get new eq.
This is a bad thing how?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Wanderer

I think the next sentence explains it, hehe.

Being able to damage someone else\'s eq would be fun:

Let\'s say that any skill/spell that delivers over 1k damage has a chance at damaging the target\'s eq (the piece damaged would be random). If it only took 2 or 3 of these hits to totally destroy the eq, the result of a pfight could be even more meaningful :P

You should be able to repair the eq indefinitely at a blacksmith. I am not a fan of normal or SU eq that lasts for a limited time. I always did like the concept of the eq you can buy for RP points, however.

-Zq
Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Novice

Great idea, make it a couple months, and make repairing it time consuming so that people will just find new eq. Of course, then you may want to up the quantity of mob eq loads/areas that drop eq. I support any idea that drops the botting aspect of this game and rewards people who put time into it. In addition, damaging eq is an intriguing concept. I feel like there may be some way to incorporate ARMOR CLASS into the game if that is implemented. I get annoyed every time I look at my 1k plus armor class that does almost NOTHING. hehe
Old 06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Apprentice

Firstly, any damage that deals 1k damage or less is reduced by 20%(the physical part at least). Don't ask me which part of the damage calculation process that kicks in at. That's just what Nijlo said.

Secondly, I support damaging armour. Make it so if you can put up some crafting components, the repair time goes down(should not be more than 1 Nodekian day though, IMO). Other thoughts: If you have to give the armour to the NPC to repair, then you have to account for reboots. Otherwise, have it kept in inventory(or saved in a new subsection of the player file, like "Undergoing repairs: A Bayeshi Coat of Arms(cracked/dented/broken)") for certain period(24 hours RT tops?) till it's repaired.