Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Novice

Default Druids...

A few things that might help druids along:

1) Give them regale.
2) Give them a pet (aside from the one subclass). A minor tree of some sort.
3) Or, let them tame plants. Not sure how many plants there are in Nodeka, but I know I've seen a couple powerful ones.
4) Make natural attunement an automatic skill, like acute might, dodge, etc.
5) Give them a prevention skill that allows them to freeze the spheres for a certain period of time.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Apprentice

Druids have been sitting pretty for a few years now, without really being buffed or nerfed(except maybe quickbolt?). Talk to Iblis, or Matheore, if he still plays. They're fine as is, the spheres thing mainly requires you to pay attention instead of spamming spells(like every other class). I agree that natural attunement is annoying if it drops mid-battle, but if you've learned to set your prompt up, along with getting used to the ups and downs, you kind of figure out when to use stuff even without the spell on. Taming Plants might be interesting, but there's already way too many pet classes out there. Plant NPCs are also usually crap as far as moving, along with having little actually going for them except the ability to drain the opponents' health by way of counter-attacks(which a high Con opponent will usually block about 1/3 to half of). In short, leave them alone!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Novice

What is the deal then? I never see any on. Maybe I'm on at weird times, but I haven't seen a druid yet.

Also, as far as the plant taming thing goes, they could always be given a skill that boosts pet endurance.

Last edited by Bihzad; 12-10-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Apprentice

I believe ,currently, there are no druids. There use to be when there was more pks going on. They're decent runners but their exception is in pk. They have skills that are utilized well in pks. That skill that allows you to gain hp when attacked by fire(or was it ice), treeing off rooms - many tactics can be made out of that, instant-port, etc. It's a good class, just depends on what your motives in the game is. If u just want to run and grow big at the mean time, go the sub-class with the tree.

I guess you don't quite understand how sub-classes are build. There are four: 1 defence, 1 offence, 2 random special attributes. Most classes have that format as major remort. So you can't have it going for all sub-classes, make your pick weigh your pros and cons.

The only thing i agree with you is make attunement automatic and maybe regale. But a more unique system than just plain regale. Maybe at different phases of the sphere u have different type of improve regen. Let's be more creative :P
________
Ford Ranch Wagon

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Apprentice

Would be interesting if they had an auto-skill tuned to natural attunement, so for example, if they're in the high "Lif"(85-100) portion of the cycle, they get that % of continuous physical regeneration. Conversely, during the low Lif phase(0-5), maybe they get nullified regeneration. Or if that sounds too harsh, make it a spell-up, so you have to pay attention(as always) otherwise you screw yourself over for the next few ticks.