Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Wanderer

If you're going to limit the size of clans, then the price of creating a clan would have to be reduced or removed. Otherwise, nobody is going to want to create a clan for $100. Even in WoW, you just need the signature of 10 other players. I don't think it's a problem of the clans that keep people from PKing though. And it certainly wasn't the fact of knowing that you were going to die. I remember when I first started playing that a group of us might fight 1 guy but we stood a chance. Nowadays, the same might stand true but nobody wants to stop botting long enough to do that. If you stop to PK, that's time that everybody else is catching up with you and you stand a chance of getting passes and PK'd yourself.

I'd like to see a cap put back on training and eq making more of a difference. A lvl 70 mage in WoW with tier 6 eq are basically the same. Only the spec's and skill would make the difference in PK at this point. Players are forced to group to run higher level places but they also have more rewards. Just my two-cents, but I've been away for a while and everything has only gotten buffed when in reflection, EVERYTHING probably needed to be toned.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Novice

This game is about everyone's individual ego. People just want to be as big as possible so if someone does even the slightest thing to cross them....they can trash talk them and then kos them, hehe. Its like everyone is gearing up for a big war....that's never going to happen because everyone would truly rather bot. I still play because there are a few people who do that I like to chat with, help build their chars, and tweak mine occasionally. The game dynamics died as soon as augment was implemented, period. None of the enormous characters will ever start a war with other enormous characters because they don't want the headache. Its much easier just to demolish a small clan for a while for kicks then go back to botting. Thus....Nodeka will always be more of a botting game. Which is fine....because even I don't want to pay that much attention. Peace =P
Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Novice

hrm if there was a cap, how many of the big players would 'get bored'
Seriously woulnt it be more fun if you got to pk, join cits to regen and pk, group pk, VS bot all day? Isn't it especially more rewarding to kill someone your size?
________
hash honey oil

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-21-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
hrm if there was a cap, how many of the big players would 'get bored'
Seriously woulnt it be more fun if you got to pk, join cits to regen and pk, group pk, VS bot all day? Isn't it especially more rewarding to kill someone your size?
People in every game out there get bored and quit. It's the fluctuation between older players and incomers that keeps the games alive.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Wanderer

Ultimately the question(s) that needs to be answered is...

What would people rather do..?

1) Bot or PK?

Nijlo's put in alot of pk orientated abilities, which are essentially getting wasted as those abilities don't get used. However, how easy is it to provide this sort of game to the masses whilst still keeping it free and able to generate some form of income?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Novice

I agree with everything you've said Blitz, even in your other posts, the problem is the core players that made nodeka a viable pk mud are gone, and the players now are just botters, I myself fell into that category also, which is why I'm pretty much done with nodeka. The players that made it interesting, whether you liked or not we're the people that didn't give 2 shits, IE Dager, ORIGINAL Arma players, Terror, Thys, Etc. The fun days of nodeka are gone, player size, and the new generation of the player base has made it that way. Adding pk rewards is nice but never used, being people are scared of retaliation or, would rather not pay attention, like someone said previously, nodeka has become a second window game. In order to fix things drastic changes would have to be made, which of course wont happen. So until then people will continue to grow for nothing, and spend money for nothing, after thousands put in you'll realise that
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Wanderer

Well said, Torment. I completely agree.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Well here it is...
Eternal has been bitching about the lack of pk on the mud, how we all bot too much!
So me being a generous kind of guy, I figured to give him what he wants a bit of pk. just me and him no clan problems.

His answer is to post bounties on my head and get telic to spy me into boredom.
He took it all to globals calling me names which were totaly uncalled for, and living in safe. Oh and lets not forget the tells followed by the instant ignore!
It should have remained just me and him having a bit of fun, I took him off kos so that the moment he came at me I would not react to give hima chance at me too.

I would like to take this time to thank all those who shared their bounties with me, I hope there ws good profit in it.

This is my last post on this subject, he made it personal and public and he drew others into it... gl puppy!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Novice

Actually...if you actually read my posts....and understand English....you did exactly what I said was the problem. I said the game dynamics of old have died...and I was right.

For one thing....no one who can actually track....needs spies. You wouldn't know that because as far as I remember, you've always been a spy.

Secondly...my bounty posts were to make a point. Even with incentives....no one wants to risk their bottable status to actually fight. The risks are too great....because people like Serenity get emo every time they lose some renown.....and spend their time on gossip degrading anyone who even suggests otherwise.

In addition, when one third of the mud all play from one clan and like many people have mentioned....the top 5 or so percent of players continue to play for their own gain....this mud will probably go under.

I hope the ongoing battle citadel idea goes through....that would be fun.

This is just Serenity's pride (and my reactionary pride as well) rubbing together for a lil nodeka drama.

In the end.....people like Serenity do keep this game afloat with their donations.....and I guess I can appreciate that.

However, augment probably never should have been put in....heh

I am hanging around until the day when you realize just how silly you are dude.....and I hope I irritate you right up until the end.

Peace
Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Apprentice

Game dynamics of old died a long time ago. In fact, they died the minute Nodeka seemed to change to incorporate the needs of one clans horde of botters.

Restoring the botters that had been zapped previously was a bad idea. On top of that the ineffectual botcheck system's early forms just further compounded the problem. Add that to the fact that multiplaying really can't be tracked, and gee...

To me, that's where things started to go downhill. Everything else follows. Continually catering to the needs of botters (i.e. augment, storm crystals buffed to be 100% !rdeath, etc) are just extensions of what was started ages ago.

Incidently, none of this is Ainur's fault. In fact, Ainur pretty much are just the clan that adapted best to the way Nodeka is now: i.e. botville. It isn't fair to blame them for all being in one clan and all botting - the original changes catering to botters that Ainur use, take advantage of, and defend; were championed by another clan.

-Iblis.