Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Apprentice

Lightbulb New invasion strategies and notes

Here are a couple of notes about the new invasions that I have noticed:

1) Give the power crystal to the tower quest: When you complete that quest, there is a message that goes out to everyone that Shamans are now visible. It is helpful to yell that shamans are visible also in case the message gets lost in spam for people. If you get this quest, just look for the tower, don't worry about killing things until you complete the quest. The amount of time the shaman are visible is (from what I can tell) linked to how long you have the rune from Christoff, so the sooner you complete the quest, the longer everyone has to kill the shaman. If you see a tower, call out its location as that should mean that someone is looking for it.

2) Shaman are easier to kill than the normal mobs, so if you can comfortably kill the normal mobs of your size, you should be able to kill the shaman 1 size up. If left alive, Shaman are the most damaging thing to Ruushi. So when they are visible, they should be target #1 for everyone as the time to kill them is limited.

3) Golem protection duty: If you get this quest, call out the location AND the size of the mobs that you are supposed to kill as those are the mobs that will attack the golem. That way people of the appropriate size can come help or at least check in to make sure things are going smoothly. Golems heal damage to the city, so keeping them alive should be everyone's priority. If you start off ok and no one is around and you get into trouble call it out again and let people know the golem is going to die. That way people can come running and won't engage other mobs beforehand.

4) The warlock quest: Target warlocks and ignore everything else. The warlocks are what matters. The goal is to kill as many of those as possible. The rest are just there as a distraction and killing them slows you down. (Whim has also hinted that the more warlocks you kill the more faction you get as a reward)

5) Shrivled mobs cast a "curse of fatigue" on anyone within about 5 rooms of them that is the same size as they are. "Curse of fatigue" is similar to bot-lag. It causes everything you do to be slower (movement, attacking etc) and feels like you are getting severe lag from the system. They throw these curses out pretty fast, so a single one can lag large groups of players which really reduces your kill rate. Getting rid of them should be a priority (if you get hit by one, go looking for it) as the slow affect gives all ogres more time to do damage.

6) Jail: There are 2 ways to get thrown in jail. Hitting mobs smaller than what Christof tells you to hit (you can always hit larger mobs), including assisting other players with smaller mobs, and hitting mobs without a rune. As the help file says, each time you go to jail, you are stuck longer, so try to avoid it and particularly avoid getting it multiple times. You need 2 keys to get out. I have yet to see a key load, so odds are you will be stuck twiddling your thumbs for 5 minutes.

7) Bosses: A boss loads at the end of each invasion. The head is now just a trophy, you don't turn it in or anything. According to Whim there are 5 bosses now. There is a message that goes out to head to the center of town. It is on ushaa between vision and talmak. Depending on how many people join to hit the boss, up to 4 or 5 bodyguards appear to assist the boss. These guys chew up the tank. We need to have 2-3 people who can redirect from the boss onto the bodyguards to take them out. We also need to test rescue as I cannot remember if rescue pulls the first or last mob off the person (e.g. will you get the boss or a bodyguard). If we find out that you get a bodyguard then we need a few people to rescue. If you get the boss, then someone who has rescue and can actually tank will probably need to pull the boss off first and then let others pull off the bodyguards so that we can spread the pain around. If you are the initial tank, watch your health closely and be careful about using any skill/spell that causes significant lag. You might see a quick drop in health that you weren't expecting once the bodyguards show up. Be ready to stone/flee, we don't need a bunch of RK's that cause people to stop doing invasions.

8) READ THE HELP FILES. They are very informative and well written.

9) READ WHAT CHRISTOF SAYS: You don't always get the "kill everything" quest. You need to read what he says in case you need to talk to Tyf (golem defense, tower power) or Shaker (warlocks). Shaker is 1u1w from temple. Tyf is 2s1e from temple, where the gnome is/was.

10) There are 4 missions. "Kill everything (of your size)", "Give power crystal to tower" (have to talk to Tyf after Christof), "defend the golem" (have to talk to Tyf after Christof), "Kill the warlocks" (have to talk to Shaker after Christof).

11) Target the mobs by type not class (e.g. target "rockbiter" instead of "armored") so that you don't end up hitting smaller stuff and wind up in jail for ogre child abuse. The easiest thing to do if you can is set a permanent target of whatever type Christof tells you to kill and run around just hitting kill <target> whenever you walk into a room.

12) Be sure to thank Whim. The new invasions are fun and a nice change for which Whim put in a lot of work and allowed us in on the tweaking to improve it. Looks to be a solid addition to Nodeka that will only get better as the rewards are implemented. So, thanks Whim!

13) Look lucky 13!

Iron
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Novice

Maybe we could post important lines so people can start setting up capture scripts? A few that I have got...

Code:
#action {^   %0 strikes you from afar with a spell of fatigue!} {#capture}
#action {^   %0 begins weaving a curse in your direction!} {#capture}

#action {Gearhand Tyf says, 'I've finished another golem - it just needs time to set up a repair site.'} {#capture}
#action {Watch-captain Christof says, 'Tyf needs you to defend a newly constructed clockwork golem, Bellum.'} {#capture;sse}

#action {Watch-captain Christof tells you, 'I have granted you a rune of heroism, Bellum (see your 'affects' list).'} {#capture}

#action {Watch-captain Christof tells you, 'I have granted you a rune of heroism, Bellum (see your 'affects' list).'} {#capture}

#action {A clockwork golem clicks out a message: ESTABLISHING REPAIR SITE.} {#CAPTURE}
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Apprentice

if you get the golem or tower quests, do not attack anything until after you visit Tyf. You don't get Christof's rune until after you talk to Tyf, so you will end up in jail.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Novice

I set my port in the place where you get summoned to kill warlocks, I'm gonna attempt to map it out a little. I will keep you posted, so long as I don't get myself killed.