Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Novice

Default Monk Ideas

I love my class, but there are some things wanting:

1) Monk of the Mystic needs a new skill, or qekon-oku needs some serious work done to it. The help file says it bases the majority of its effect on speed. I've raised my speed to 413 and it still averages a mere 1,500 damage with a 4 minute prevention time. This is way too weak for a final skill, even if it hits multiple mobs in a room.

2) I've read some posts about monk hands needing something since they can't have anything crafted or super unique. Why not give them monk gloves or gauntlets, or claws? Such fist wear could simply grant bonuses, and then monks would have something to look forward to, as far as super uniques and the like go.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Novice

Monks use to wear shields, but that was removed a long time ago, at one point monks had the dice roll with hands, but I agree, that with crafted and SU, other classes surpase that now. I see decent damage done by monks, look at berengei, practices of course help your cause alot, and with dex eq they do nicely, as for mystic monk, yeah they are lame from what I've seen, I guess thats why there is no mystics I wouldn't hold your breath for a change though, classes have been waiting for upgrades for quite some time, 3-6 months ago the updates we're every 2 days etc, now it seems were back in the "no update dead zone"
Old 10-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Novice

I hate "dead zones"!