Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 09-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Novice

Great your right.. and all you guys just gonna let nodeka die?
________
cheap vaporizer

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-21-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Novice

I will agree augments ruined the game. I think it was a good idea to keep people busy and make a little cash, but could've been handled a lot differently.

As far as PK incentive goes, I don't see any. He added this renown system, which, as far as I can see, caters to more botting. I can't PK people for renown because I only have ~4 people on my RPA and 1-2 of them are worthy and hardly log on.

In regards to what someone said earlier about bigger players not wanting to PK because of the headache, I would agree. People take this game too seriously and find one Pdeath disconcerting.

Nodeka has become a second window game? Truth.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Wanderer

I would like to see the following.

Pool cap to be 60k
Stat cap to be 400, but trains past 300 cost platinum, exp and 250 from a random pool.
Augmenting to affect the ability to raise skill prac past 100%
Crafted eq to have class restrictions
rp eq to be renamed renowned eq and wearable based on renown score
Bounties to be controlled by Nodeka and to reward rp and glacious stones.

For starters...
Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Apprentice

Augments:

If augments are to be left in, I'd say they should not offer an increased pool cap.

Instead, let augments affect the other areas:
1. 1% practice increase per augment,
2. 1 extra inventory space per augment
3. 1 extra sun stoneable stat per 5 augments

That should be fine. The non-augmented limit for practices should be 250, it is quite completely insane to allow it to be 600 or whatever it is now, especially for certain classes.

Pools would remain capped at 50k maximum.

Other:

1. Restore storm crystals to only offering a chance upon rdeath to proc one of the affects.
- So that rdying is actually possible for people other than Selb.

2. Remove rp from donations.
- So that it isn't faster botting and buying donations for rp than it is pking for rp.

3. Make renown increase the rp gathered from kills.
- So that a pk reward doesn't have an affect that only helps botting.

4. Allow sun stones to be transferable to glacious stones. (not the other way around, incidently)
- Just for greater flexibility.

That, at least, would be a start.

-Iblis.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Novice

I think that pk can still be interesting if the benefits are tweaked a little.

For example...when Fenrir gets on randomly to post bounties...that is cool.

In addition, the xp bonus should be tweaked. You should receive considerably more experience if you pk someone who is ranked higher than you. Perhaps a formula to determine the additional xp bonus based on the rank difference could be formulated.

I also think that the xp bonus for defensive pks should be much higher than that of an offensive pk....because that often means you skillfully adjusted to the battle.

Throw should be buffed considerably as well....especially when you hit someone who is engaged with someone else.

Finally, I think there should be a flanking bonus to player damage. If you are the second person to engage someone....you should 1.5 damage or something....because you are flanking your opponent who is already engaged. Now, if your opponent redirects to you....you should lose the bonus, etc.

Anyways...just some ideas.

Also....Nojohr judge should probably be toned some....I mean....Ainur is getting dominated by fate. Unless of course it is supposed to be this good....which I suppose the helpfile does suggest. In which case....it should improve with training beyond 100% LOL

Peace

Eternal, leader of the Red Swarm
Old 09-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal1 View Post
I also think that the xp bonus for defensive pks should be much higher than that of an offensive pk....
Well you would want to benefit some!

Quote:
I mean....Ainur is getting dominated by fate.
Can not find anywhere in the help file that this is a skill best used in safe!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Novice

I am still just wondering how one pk made Jothithi so butt sore.....

especially after he challenged Krull and I to try and pk him for weeks.....

but whatever....this is more fun anyhow =P

remove half damage in pk please, hehe
Old 09-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal1 View Post
Finally, I think there should be a flanking bonus to player damage. If you are the second person to engage someone....you should 1.5 damage or something....because you are flanking your opponent who is already engaged. Now, if your opponent redirects to you....you should lose the bonus, etc.
Way too abusable.

Quote:
Also....Nojohr judge should probably be toned some....I mean....Ainur is getting dominated by fate.
Heh.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Novice

I wonder how many of those complaining still support the current system by either donating or buying donations from other players. In the end, if you want to change the game, hit the immortals in their wallets and stop donating for a period of time. I know a "player strike" would never happen, but it'd certainly change things if donations dropped 50% or so over a couple of months. Honestly, I realize this is impossible (as long as the window for becoming better than other players by donating money is open, someone is going to take it), but, you have to admit, stopping the cash flow would cause the gods to re-evaluate their strategy a bit.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Apprentice

I've (for all intents and purposes bar a few *cough*celebrity*cough* appearances) left Nodeka because:

1. Multiplaying cannot be controlled or tracked, and the few times when people are caught they get off with a slap on the wrist at best.

2. Botting is no longer against the rules, rather it is a prerequisite.

Do you honestly think others haven't done the same, Bihzad? Nodeka has gone from averaging 80-90 users with a 120 max at one point to half that amount now.

Quitting doesn't change anything, nor does threatening to withhold donations. But end of the day there was once a player that I respected a lot who said, "If a game is no longer fun, don't play it."

For those of you who still find Nodeka fun, good for you. Play it, enjoy it, I know I did for quite some time. Now? Well, now honestly I have more fun lamenting over how far the game has deteriorated than actually playing it.

-Vish.