Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Revik

Default Revik: The man, the mystery, the silence.

Here's the run down. I've been silenced for a month starting December 15th or so. During the week prior to the silencing I was talking about how Nijlo's policies on mud improvement have had a very poor effect on the mud, increasing the practice cap was the implementation in question. I was stating that his mind was more on the business of Nodeka rather on the game Nodeka. If some of you have never had interactions with Nijlo, his personal feelings reflect dramatically on the game and the way he reacts towards players. With reason, he's dedicated nearly a decade of his time without MUCH reward. He's had his rewards but he had to sweat blood and tears into his keyboard to bring it to fruition and I understand his wanting to cash in. But again, that's when me and him diverge in thinking. Which leads to clashes such as this.

Currently my silence has to do with my insulting of Whim, although I don't remember insulting him. I'd like to make this very clear, from the beginning of Whim's return to the Nodeka staff I have defended him from numerous accusations of favoritism that stemmed from his previous employment, I respect his work and wish him to continue it by all means. I think Whim should be lauded and cheered for his contributions to the mud, they have been fantastic and if I did insult him or if he did feel insulted then I humbly and sincerely apologize to him for any grievances I have brought him. He truly is the hardest working staff member and I give all my respect to him and the work he's done for the mud.

I will not however, steer my mind away from Nijlo's changes or attitude to the mud and its players, if I have insulted him then I am remorseful, he works very hard on the mud, but in the same token I am very adamant that his changes are taking the mud down a road that isn't beneficial to mud growth or player-base equilibrium. I do however think that Whim's recent changes with flanking have counter-balanced Nijlo's practice changes ,whether or not this was in the road map or Whim's innovative thinking I don't know and we might never know the truth after the political footworking in the background is done.

But I digress, This is a formal apology towards the Nodeka staff, if I have offended your identities and belittled your much appreciated hard work, I apologize. My opinions may seem brash and harsh, sometimes insulting but underneath them they seek to make the mud a better, friendlier, entertaining environment. So to conclude this, I say, I mean the best and that I am who I am.

-Sincerely, and possibly for the last time

Revik

Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:10 PM
To: Justin Gottschlich
Subject: Silenced

I'd like to be unsilenced now, its January 15th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Justin E. Gottschlich <justin@nodeka.com> wrote:

Hello Revik -

I'd be happy to unsilence you, but first I request that you write an apology for your inappropriate behavior over global channels towards the immortal staff. In particular, you are to apologize for intentionally undermining Whim, numerous times, over global channels.

Please then post your apology and this email on Nodeka411 and send all recipients of this email a link to it so we can review its content. If we feel it is appropriate and sincere, you are unsilenced.

Whim works harder than any other staff member today and it is therefore exceptionally inappropriate to attack him the way you have in the past year. If you have a personal complaint with Whim, you can take it up with me. If you disagree with an implementation aspect, you can email the staff. Using the global channels on Nodeka to undermine the staff is against the rules and it is also highly disrespectful of all the work we have done over the last decade.

If you are unclear about the rules regarding disrespecting the immortal staff, please see 'help rules' and rule #7.

Furthermore, if you continue to show the immortals disrespect on Nodeka over global channels, your character will be deleted and you will be site-banned.

I have tolerated your inappropriate behavior for years in hopes that you would reform. I now believe the only way you will follow the rules is to guide you with a heavy hand.

You are welcome to mull over this request for upwards of two months. If by March 15th you have not emailed us with your posted apology, Revik will be deleted and your IP address will be banned.

Best Regards,
Nijlo

Edit 1: removed a part of the post for privacy concerns

Edit 2: Removed everything past the initial e-mail per Nijlo's request.

Last edited by Revik; 02-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Novice

Heh, wow. batman orange juice
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Revik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideous View Post
Heh, wow. batman orange juice
I don't get it.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Novice

I was just going to type "Heh, wow" but apparently there's a 10 character limit so I had to add some shit.