Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Apprentice

Default The Call To Nahfiotos & Kheh's Chaos Star

i've got just a few comments to make...the helpfile for both these skills say that the sword heals as it damages and so does the Chaos Star...but i don't see much of it...the sword heals like 1hps per attack if you're lucky (8 hps per round...wow?) and the chaos star heals like 80 hps on a full hit (are you serious?)...i'm hoping that these skills do get looked at and fixed (if they're broken) or improved (if they're not broken) to at least heal for something more decent...and why do warlocks get to cast weapons in battle but not marauders?
where is the love?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Apprentice

I kinda agree with argh on the casting position of created items.

Why is that warlocks get to cast its weapons in combat and other classes don't (valks, marauders,footpad, etc)

Why is it prejudice towards melee? I reckon its about time all class-specific castable weapons should only be able to made out of combat.

I mean in an RP sense it takes awhile to call out and transmute and item and then start fighting. You can't be swinging arms and the channel to create an item. They just don't appear in a second. Well IMO.

An for warlocks, wicked fidelity is a cool spell and that being able to cast in battle is fine. but allow to be castable on items worn on hand and then give it a lag to it. I think that's a cooler way to implement. I imagine a warlock weilding its claymore. in the heat of the fight, its dying. and he is compelled to reshape his claymore to falx. he yells and his claymore glows a shady yellow, he begins to swing his sword and as it reaches its target the glow sparks a bright light and fades and all that is visible is the falx smashing into the head of its adversary.

Now, how wicked fidelity works is, warlock fights. ohnoes he's dying he wants his falx. he needs to jump aside. get off battle stance, stops and looks at his weapon cast his spell on it, and wield it and say haha i'm ready to fight again....good lord that sounds boring.....
________
My Webcams Hookup

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 AM
Apprentice

errr...yeah...well put...but somewhat unrelated to the topic...heheh
either way...that was a very nicely animated way of displaying your idea...heh
Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
he needs to jump aside. get off battle stance, stops and looks at his weapon cast his spell on it, and wield it and say haha i'm ready to fight again....good lord that sounds boring.....
Sounds like a dead Warlock to me, all things being equal and all... if that situation were real

He Argh hang on a sec stop pounding on me I need to get better weapons... sure thing Seren I'll just sit over here and have a smoke, let me know when you are good to go again!

Yup can see that happening soon.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Apprentice

well...i'm not against warlocks casting weapons in combat...but i'd like to see every other classes that summon weapons be able to do so in combat as well...except for the archimage weapons of course...anyway...about the healing factor of the chaos star and the sword...heh
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Apprentice

on the occasion you pull off 10 perfect hitting chaos stars...you would have healed a grand total of 800 hps...that's about 1 kick worth...at 4k lag per star...but against most players, you'll hardly land perfect chaos stars anyway...and i'm not sure about the healing abilities of the other weapons...but it seems a tad ridiculous to me...heh...especially since it's my ONLY subclass unique skill :P...i've got decent percentage into the sword but the healing is still close to zilch...heh
Old 10-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Administrator

brings us back round to the age old complaint of unique skills in sub-classes. I know Whim has said he will get to them eventualy, but one can wonder the length of eventualy
Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
brings us back round to the age old complaint of unique skills in sub-classes. I know Whim has said he will get to them eventualy, but one can wonder the length of eventualy
Yup, always "eventually". =) It's tough trying _not_ to work on subclass stuff, with so many solutions and ideas building up daily. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Apprentice

man...whim is getting pwned by subclasses!!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Apprentice

Sorry this isn't really related to nahfiotos or chaos star. but to marauders in general. sorry for bumping this thread and not sarting a fresh one

But just an idea here after reading again the class description on 6thS

Marauder
(solo/stealth, single/multi-target, offensive)
The Marauder values chaos and self-preservation above all else. Confusion reigns supreme over any battlefield darkened by a Marauder's presence; powerful warriors in their own right, they represent certain danger to their foes and a potential threat to their less careful allies, as well. The Marauder holds impressive sway over the darker forms of magic, and they will happily rain destruction down upon friend and foe alike, savoring the chaos and mayhem.

I kinda like the idea whim is going with this. So far only one skill that actual does what it says : warped reality. Should more skills fit this flavour more?

here few things i think would be cool to change:
slow:
make it an aoe affect, shorter affect time to tone the wide spread dmg. affects friend and foe. but with higher mastery you will have less a chance to affect your group members. Put a prevention on it

maybe remove trail concealment and vanish (sorry i never think marauders deserve to be sneaky...but that's just my opinion)
and replace it with an aoe:
that lowers dex or increase dex at random. And increase the dex of marauder base on the number of +dex affect in the room and increase the str of the marauder base on the number of -dex affect in the room.
As mastery increase the chances of group members get +dex affect instead of a -dex. And at even higher dex lowers the chance of others getting +dex.

Just an idea :P

we need more aoe classes. and i think marauders and valks can be the classes that works towards it :P
________
Weed maps

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.