Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Novice

This is in regards to crafting for monks ( you guys know that this was gonna come sooner or later )...

The change to warlocks' summons weapons has proven that effect procs can be set for weapons that simulate a particular stat or ability works in regards to the coding. I saw a players with knuckles on their 'gloves' equipment slot and came up with this idea.

At this time, crafted equipment outdamages monk hands which must be empty for their damage potential as well as being able to use some of their ability ( requires empty hand ). Thus, this leaves two slots that would normally up health like 6 or 8k total or int 40 or dam and hit 30 each. You get the idea. What about crafting of 'knuckles' that only level 100 major remort monks can use that proc 'empty hands' all the time like how shadow lance 'always procs' damage types that bypass resistance and invulnerability. Weapon dmg would be the same as the monk's hands as 69d3. However, stat bonuses can be added ( +hit, +dam ) that can bring them closer to everyone else. It doesn't have to be 'as much' as everyone else, just enough to let them be 'in the same ballpark' equipment wise without losing of 'empty' handed abilities.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Novice

I and many others have suggested the "monks should get something for their hand slots" thing many times. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. On the bright side, train vicious fist and you may find you get some sweet results. I think this was Whim's way of giving monk hands a bump.

This is the other thing I don't really understand about craft pieces: why are they not split up like other eq for fighter vs caster classes? I'm sure there is a good reason, please let me know. If they were split up this way, it seems you could just assign the larger +speed buffs to fighter eq and the larger +will buffs to caster eq and strike a balance without toning the speed buffs.

Just say, if speed > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are fighter classes.
If will > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are caster classes.

Also, I agree with Argh about con being more of a "nat resist" type statistic. Or maybe the bonus could be split amongst con and will, like learn curve for wis/int.

Last edited by Bihzad; 09-18-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Apprentice

lolol...and what are warlocks? fighters or casters?? hahahaha!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Locks need both speed and will, so we would need to wear both, your idea calls for a choice to be 'forced' on us we are a blended class not one or the other, as Argh so elequently points out above.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Novice

Well, it seems warlocks might be a class thrown out of whack by the benefits of crafted eq. That is, they can now wear the most powerful fighter eq (i.e. crafted pieces) without restriction, while they still gain the benefits of also being considered a caster class. So, basically, they are just as powerful as most other fighters, if not more so, in the weapon damage department, but they also get some very nice spells and buffs, making them better, in many ways, than your average fighter class. Anyway, I'm probably off here too and I do enjoy seeing where I'm off, as I'm still a newb but am interested in the dynamics of this game, so please inform.

Also, an easy fix for the above problem mentioned by Argh and Serenity would be to simply restrict the stat possibilities for figher-caster hybrids, since they are supposed to be a mix and not simply an equally powerful form of both fighter and caster, so:

Just say, if speed > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are fighter classes.
If will > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are caster classes.

And, if 0 < will < 40, then fighter-caster hybrids can use it.
If 0 < speed < 40, then fighter-caster hybrids can use it.

So there is an upper limit for the hybrids, which is still higher than the restrictions for fighers and casters.

Last edited by Bihzad; 09-29-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 AM
Apprentice

now now...as overpowered as warlocks are, i'm not gonna agree to this :P...what you're basically saying is...as time goes on...and items get stronger...warlocks will gradually get weaker (since they won't be able to use any of the "UPPER TIER" items)...i still say that the problem doesn't lie with crafted eq but the warlock class itself...to me, it makes no sense that warlocks get the best of everything...as much as serenity says that warlocks need speed and willpower, the truth is that they can stack only willpower and be just as strong in pk...every other class will need to have more than 1 stat to even be close...speed/dam eq for fighters in pk means they get beat up very very badly and they'll also need a decent +hit to land their attacks...stacking will/hps on them gives them girly damage...stacking agi/hps helps against certain classes...but yet again your damage is gimped...splitting stats essentially means that you're gonna get less of a certain stat but it has to be done to try and balance your offense and defense...warlocks get big offense and defense from practices and are therefore free to pick whichever stat suits them best without losing out on too much...
Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Administrator

The cost of the OPness of a warlock is huge though in both financial terms and plat. The go hand in hand if you don't spend the cash then you can not raise the practices. Then there is the running of the plats, you can not do both run plats and run crafting materia.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Apprentice

nods@serenity...yes i understand that it's not easy to get it up there but the potential of it is there...for example...if any other class had spent the same amount of plat, it still wouldn't get to the level of warlocks...they are very reliant on practices but with the practices, they would beat everybody...it will be somewhere that no other classes can ever reach no matter what...you'll have to admit that you'll beat just about everyone around the same rank as you if you went full willpower/hps eq...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Agreed, I personaly am geared to run with speed eq and Oni Ti, so even Rolex kills poor me right now, but if I was to go to war there would be a huge shift in both race and eq and then yes I sense pain for someone
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Wanderer

No wonder those ogre warlocks broke through into Ruushi!
________
Live sex

Last edited by Ahriman; 09-04-2011 at 08:11 AM.