Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Hero

Default RK Rules Poll

Please visit this link for a poll:

http://www.polldaddy.com/p/228768/

Sorry I have to use this version until Nemesis fixes something for me. Please vote and leave any responses here.

Thanks! Odinn
Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Hero

Default Re:RK Rules Poll

An interesting idea regarding storm crystals:

What if they were reverted back to the old system where sometimes they failed and if they do fail they perhaps run a check on the next one, and so on, subsequently using more and more storm crystals until players are protected?

So if it takes 3 to roll a save, then you lose 3 storm crystals?

Thoughts?
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Hero

What are RK rules you may ask.

Simple put, RK rules are restrictions put into the nodeka code to decrease the chance of player RDeath.

Current Rules( as best I know ):
When player A is fighting a mob and player B attacks player A, if the mobile gets the kill hit on Player A, then it its treated as a PDeath and not a RDeath.

When a player with a PK flag attacks another player fighting a mobile who does not have a PK flag the PK Flagged player may not flee from combat.

Players who are fighting mobiles may not be attacked with targeted ranged attacks(ex throw, telekinetic projection, shoot, etc)

I will add more as I think of them or am reminded of them.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator

There would need to be a way to get them ingame. You can not play about with something you have NO choice but to pay cash for. Or for those about to say plat for donations.. someone has to pay cash if not the receiver.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Hero

Serenity wrote:
Quote:
There would need to be a way to get them ingame. You can not play about with something you have NO choice but to pay cash for. Or for those about to say plat for donations.. someone has to pay cash if not the receiver.
RE: Storm Crystals and suggested change-

Storm Crystals weren\'t a guaranteed thing for many years. There is no real reason for them to be guaranteed. If you play from work that is a choice you have to make yourself. I understand bosses coming in and having to jump ship, it still doesn\'t change the fact that botters are too lax about things these days.

If players were zapped for botting like they used to be, people wouldn\'t bot.
If botters could get rkilled more easily, they would\'t bot.

Eventually something is going to have to happen within nodeka. If we keep protecting botters, then nodeka will begin rolling down hill at a pace which only a brick wall could stop.

But yes- players should be able to get a storm crystal via nodeka, perhaps per 400 rp points?( artistry crafters get 30 rp points a tech gain, so don\'t tell me its impossible )

If others wish to further this discussion of storm crystals gained in game, lets open another post so others can follow discussion in a linear fashion.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Wanderer

What do you mean by changing the RK rules? You mentioned in game that you would like to end botting totally... But I don\'t understand how the RK rules come into play to help that?

In a way, it seems to maybe promote PK\'ing.. but PK\'s are flawed.. There is no lose to you being PK\'ed.. So there\'s no fear there.. And even to be the person doing the killing.. You might be getting 1-3 RP..

There would need to be quite a few things to be fixed or adjusted to make botting more risky, promote PK\'ing without it being what it is now. Either RPA which is fine. Or a revenge tool taken to the extreme where some players are forced to quit playing. Now I understand the personal satisfaction in that you got someone to quit a game because of you, but ultimately your stabbing yourself in the foot with a lower player base.

So, there\'s a
botting issue - big players bot and maintain if not grow the gap from the newer players trying to catch up

Clan Issue - like mentioned before.. two clans control the mud to a degree, and they aren\'t fighting each other, so that leaves the rest of us as their play toys

PK issue - no real downsides to being PK\'ed other than the annoyance of regening.. Or your slowing if not hinder the growth of certain players.. We chatted about the issue of being able to lockdown players too easily.. Some suggestions were high Prevents on skills such as Spy, visit, portal.. high as in 30-45mins.. Maybe actually making what the help PK files says.. If you target a single person and repeatedly kill them that they will grow from that.. I think I get like 200K from a death.. Not sure if its fixed or random or how it works.. But trust me, being repeatedly killed in no way helps you grow other than, don\'t get in that situation again.. Easy fix would be to remove that wording from the help file .. I say thats easy, because if you do give some type of bonus for people killed a lot.. You would just have people doing it to get that bonus instead of running experience..

And something to look forward to after lvl 300. Yes you do have maxxing all your stats.. Then what.. The crafting is a good move, but there really aren\'t any help files on that for newer players to easily get started on that..

So you bot more, get more gold, so you can train your pools up.... Bot more for money to purchase better EQ from the bigger players.. Then you can explore newer areas a little more safely.. Till then, you stick to where the GPM is the best..

My rant is over..
Old 01-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Hero

Redwolfe wrote:
Quote:
What do you mean by changing the RK rules? You mentioned in game that you would like to end botting totally... But I don\'t understand how the RK rules come into play to help that?

In a way, it seems to maybe promote PK\'ing.. but PK\'s are flawed.. There is no lose to you being PK\'ed.. So there\'s no fear there.. And even to be the person doing the killing.. You might be getting 1-3 RP..

There would need to be quite a few things to be fixed or adjusted to make botting more risky, promote PK\'ing without it being what it is now. Either RPA which is fine. Or a revenge tool taken to the extreme where some players are forced to quit playing. Now I understand the personal satisfaction in that you got someone to quit a game because of you, but ultimately your stabbing yourself in the foot with a lower player base.

So, there\'s a
botting issue - big players bot and maintain if not grow the gap from the newer players trying to catch up

Clan Issue - like mentioned before.. two clans control the mud to a degree, and they aren\'t fighting each other, so that leaves the rest of us as their play toys

PK issue - no real downsides to being PK\'ed other than the annoyance of regening.. Or your slowing if not hinder the growth of certain players.. We chatted about the issue of being able to lockdown players too easily.. Some suggestions were high Prevents on skills such as Spy, visit, portal.. high as in 30-45mins.. Maybe actually making what the help PK files says.. If you target a single person and repeatedly kill them that they will grow from that.. I think I get like 200K from a death.. Not sure if its fixed or random or how it works.. But trust me, being repeatedly killed in no way helps you grow other than, don\'t get in that situation again.. Easy fix would be to remove that wording from the help file .. I say thats easy, because if you do give some type of bonus for people killed a lot.. You would just have people doing it to get that bonus instead of running experience..

And something to look forward to after lvl 300. Yes you do have maxxing all your stats.. Then what.. The crafting is a good move, but there really aren\'t any help files on that for newer players to easily get started on that..

So you bot more, get more gold, so you can train your pools up.... Bot more for money to purchase better EQ from the bigger players.. Then you can explore newer areas a little more safely.. Till then, you stick to where the GPM is the best..

My rant is over..
What I have mentioned above as RK rules are ways to stop players from RKilling others.

Imagine for a second if I could use \'shoot\' while you were fighting some mobs and drop you to 100 health and suddenly you get hit by a mob for 100 health... boom you just got rkilled.

Thus we promote RKilling and botters lose big time.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Wanderer

The flip side is.. You will see bigger players running lower lvl areas where they aren\'t even hit 95% of the time.. So, if you were shooting them.. Then it would be a PK, and they don\'t drop a corpse..
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Hero

Redwolfe wrote:
Quote:
The flip side is.. You will see bigger players running lower lvl areas where they aren\'t even hit 95% of the time.. So, if you were shooting them.. Then it would be a PK, and they don\'t drop a corpse..
There are only so many lower level areas, no paladin will sacrifice the rates of whitelion for dnari etc, etc.

And most players wont move areas until they get rked once or twice. By then they will be pretty scared to bot.

In addition if mobs need their difficulty increased I imagine that wouldn\'t be too hard to accomplish. Even if it increased PK, thats atleast a positive.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Wanderer

Well, you see it now, big players running areas they get the best GPM in until they get stats/pool increased or better Eq. Which kind of slows down the exploring for new areas to fight for some people.

How many people are attacking the Odinn/Meier/Gideous/Werewolf type players? Or for that matter the Aug 1+ players? You don\'t see the huge players fighting or PK\'ing.. They are crafting and botting heavily.. They are also in clans that others won\'t touch or start trouble with.. So this would hurt the smaller botting players..

Or, we have what Dager did.. He RK\'ed or came across Nemesis deathpile.. He took the stuff.. Ainur put him on KOS/lockdown until he finally gave in and gave the stuff back..

I see smaller players getting hit by the biger ones and losing all their EQ.. Or.. I\'ll create an Alt.. put all my EQ on the alt to hold. Use crap Eq, and bot a lesser area, and when I really want to fight and be at keys.. Get my other EQ.. I now just avoided losing any of my good gear..

Or we see better scripts/bots created, that will haul a$$ back to corpse to recover it. I know its possible with the way my bot works to determine where, and then its just a matter of triggers to get the corpse.. You\'ll see people turning PKP on when botting.. 1-2 ticks for big players to recover enough to get back to their corpse.. Again, smaller players with smaller pools would suffer, since they would have to wait longer to regen to get back to their corpse..