Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Hero

Default Nodeka discussion

Fenrir asked that we post about what we would like to see added to nodeka or changed.

Here is Feline's idea from another post:

"Could we have group citadels where we fight waves of harder mobs with better rewards for more rounds cleared?"
Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Hero

I think Nodeka needs low level quests for the mortals that give them rewards which will truely aid them. Much like remortal gear, except for mortals achieved via questing.

Id also like to see the Remortal gear increased in power and rewarded via questing as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Wanderer

The remortal gear does need alot of work.

I think you should be rewarded extra gold or experience for completing more than one trial in one trial period. It may make people more likely to stop running and complete trials when they can. Also scavenger gnomes in chall ftw
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryl View Post
The remortal gear does need alot of work.

I think you should be rewarded extra gold or experience for completing more than one trial in one trial period. It may make people more likely to stop running and complete trials when they can. Also scavenger gnomes in chall ftw
Renown is a big boost. An extra reward would be a bit too much, imo.

As for the remortal gear, it could benefit from the same kind of MAXIMUM attributes.
So once you are done leveling you can't wear it.

But yeah Ryl has a point. Even SU remortal gear (common during SU weeks) is lame.

Last edited by Cayce; 08-25-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Novice

Default Temporary gear

Temporary quest gear for minor remorts or non remorts (that's not usable by pets) would be a big boost for new players.

Example:

A very good weapon that check for MAXIMUM requirements, not minimum.

So you need 100 or less on all stats and 5K or less on all pools (to avoid people exploiting this to make huge non-remort chars) It would also avoid people from using it on pets.

Items should be only 3-6 hrs. So they need to keep doing the quest to get the good pieces.

Just a wild idea
Old 08-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Novice

Renown was definately a step in the right direction. And I am sure a lot of the new players will benefit from it. Would it be to much to give all new players full boat of renown? or 2x the renown to mortals? This may promote more pk among them. Or trials could expand in the types of quests required, like pk quests as somone suggested or "group quests".

I would like to see more benefits from group running. More interaction between people. Curved exp/gold for each additional member or something.

Sigil cits are great! You can hide behind a big tank and still feel like you contributed or steal the enemy sigil, or contribute indirectly. (healing, northwind, fade, etc). This promotes mixing newcommers with veterans.

Mabey some quests that require newplayers and majors to coroborate, would give everyone something to do and help out.

The misty tower has a quest were you gather 3 pages and get + 30 to any stat (use to be + 50). That kind of quests will also help newbies.

The crafting system as is, is awesome, and it definately takes a long time to gather scraps/components. I would love to see random salvage in Every area with more combinations. If you were botting you would simply loose it ! Also the 18 hour wait is a killer. Even if they crafted gear wasn't that great it could be sold/traded to mortals. This would create a 'second economy' that everyone could participate in. If salvage accessable to only mortals (mortal only areas) was needed to make a really buff major weapon and vice versa this would further promote interaction between newbies and veterans.

I personally believe that augmenting ruined any chance of 'catching up'. The big get bigger.. and bigger. and This took a toll on pk. (it takes forever to fight someone now) You hardly see it now days and nodeka use to be a pk mud. (This is the reason I was attracted to it, else I would be playing nwn2 or some other mmo). Many clan members hold grudges for killing their cronies. and everyone bots all day. Someone said that nodeka has become something you just let run in the background... So true.

I dunno what can be done about it. And that is why we are brain storming!

Sasuke

p.s. I like the idea of everyone grouping up against endless waves of monsters

oh and someclasses need revamping
________
vaporizer

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-21-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Novice

Default Dungeon Areas

We need more Dungeon Areas like Pain's

Would be pretty interesting.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayce View Post
We need more Dungeon Areas like Pain's

Would be pretty interesting.
Still working on it =) I think some of you should enjoy the next area. (SHOULD be fairly soon, it's my current active project)
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Novice

Ok, What about a change in the combat system.

1- ability to choose were you are aming your attacks. (sort of like soul calibur 4) Head, Mid section, and Feet. and mabey arms. This way you can trade off accuracy (aming for mid) for damage (aming for head) and vice versa. Or if you really hurt someones arm/leg then they could suffer attack/movement penalties. Would this help people to just focus either hit or damage, and then aim at the appropiate location?

2- Someting sort of like the damage sliding scale, were your accuracy gives you added damage. Except incorporate the number of people attacking someone. = +dam/+hit Do you think this will help group pk?

3- I Understand you cant throw at someone in combat because you cant get a 'clear shot' but what the heck, what if I WANT to hit the other person also?
________
Harley-Davidson FLSTCI

Old 08-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Novice

more mid sized (like Fens) Salvage Areas!

Feline said sometin about haveing increased % for abilities on equipment and i thinks thats awesome! mabey decreased % also..
________
Kawasaki ZR1100A