Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Wanderer

Don't your black-magic attacks avoid shields, anyway?

With super sexy craft eq and scaling on things like claymore/stoic/focused, the bar for hit/dam is set quite high. Ripping a comparably-sized caster a new hole is quite probable.

Evasion isn't some magic cure-all, shields still hurt, just not...to the same degree your attacks do. If they get countered...naj scum.

New tactic = grouping. :P Make some friends, get a tank, get an assister...like a fallad or healer...

A couple !magic places, mobs that evade/parry/dodge abilities, have moderate quickness to affect casters' accuracy, etc...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
New tactic = grouping. :P Make some friends, get a tank, get an assister...like a fallad or healer...
Isn't a Nojohr supposed to be a tank? :-P

I guess my main argument here is that shields are a big factor in PvE. Remember, I'm not asking for them to be removed. Just put on the same damage system as everything else. Just like some classes have the option to increase evasion, the rest of us could at least have an option to increase AC/NR.

Done
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Apprentice

Default Ranks

Whole new topic, ranks.

When calculating ranks, the current calculations are fairly straight forward, but they don't really take into account how some things actually affect the character.

For example, I cannot use Spirit at all. Yet, if I train spirit up by 10k I still get 10k in ranks even though my character really didn't grow at all. The same can be said for all the pools other than health. Even when you can use the pool, there is a point for all classes where more becomes fairly irrelevant. Different classes use/benefit differently from different pools, but if you consider all 3, it basically averages out across all the classes.

When you compare 2 players, if player X has 30k more non-health pools than player Y and player X is 20K bigger in rank, which one is actually more trained, power wise? Player Y has 10k more in % and stats.

Why not have the non-health pools be added to rank at a 1/2 (or 1/5). That would be more reflective of the actual gains in character power and place more emphasis on %s and stats.

Just a thought.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron View Post
Isn't a Nojohr supposed to be a tank? :-P

I guess my main argument here is that shields are a big factor in PvE. Remember, I'm not asking for them to be removed. Just put on the same damage system as everything else. Just like some classes have the option to increase evasion, the rest of us could at least have an option to increase AC/NR.

Done
No. Nojohr are support fighters.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Novice

Default changed

Regarding changes I'd like to see, how about:
disallowing those skills/spells workable over 100% mastery to not stack?
Like focused sphere, and others. I'd like to hear any thoughts on that :P
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
Regarding changes I'd like to see, how about:
disallowing those skills/spells workable over 100% mastery to not stack?
Like focused sphere, and others. I'd like to hear any thoughts on that :P
I think letting the stack is fine it is just when they can stack very easily that it becomes a problem.

Eg- every other use is stacked is too much.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Apprentice

Default Crafting

Would be nice to see some more crafting materials. We have ~1/2 so far.

More zones with salvage. I would throw out circus, kon-taro, and bule as candidates. Anything for a change of scenery.

2-3 new zones similar to DS would be cool also.

Stapling San'Vestra's feet to the ground. Tie her shoe laces. Attach a ball and chain around her ankle. Hobble her. Break her knee caps. Practice the WTF?!? scene from Misery on her. All of the above.

Ohh, and one thing that is annoying. If you do a quest reset, it resets your techs. That sucks big time.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Novice

Default crafts, trials

On crafts and clearing your quests:
Would you give back all the rps and pracs you gained from techn/gems if you quest cleared? You stand to gain a considerable amount of pracs from re-techn if cleared. I think its fair loss and gain. Plus another satchel :P

On trials:
What does True Impartial really mean? If one such morality-inclined chooses 99% of the time the moral path, I think 'true' loses its meaning here and is not accounted for. It seems truly partial to me! Any thoughts on this whine?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
On crafts and clearing your quests:
Would you give back all the rps and pracs you gained from techn/gems if you quest cleared? You stand to gain a considerable amount of pracs from re-techn if cleared. I think its fair loss and gain. Plus another satchel :P

I don't quite understand what you mean there about giving back all the rps/pracs. I haven't quest cleared, but someone who did said that it cleared all of their techs. Personally I think that sucks. A ton of work goes into gaining techs. Basically means once you have crafted for a while, clearing quests is out of the question (unless you are a real masochist). I would rather see it not clear techs. Then you can't gain those RP/Pracs back from re-gaining the techs.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
On trials:
What does True Impartial really mean? If one such morality-inclined chooses 99% of the time the moral path, I think 'true' loses its meaning here and is not accounted for. It seems truly partial to me! Any thoughts on this whine?

I agree that there needs to be a better system for handling true impartial in trials. The current system of an arbitrary time screws people over quite often. Trials conclude right after the timer wears off (super fun after you do 4-5 trials and get no reward for it). Time wears off in the middle of a personal trial, so you cannot turn it in (or choose a side until it expires).

My ideas for fixing it:

1) Have it be 20 hours, but change it so that at the end of the 20 hours, it auto-extends until the current trial concludes (one side wins). At a minimum have getting and turning in a trial each automatically extend allegiance by 1 hour if the current allegiance is <1 hour. That way you cannot get a trial and then not be able to turn it in.

2) Instead of having a timer or choosing, automatically assign the true impartial characters to whichever side lost the last set of trials. They are impartial, should be helping to maintain the "balance". That way they are always on a side.

3) Randomly (but automatically) assign each true impartial to a side for a given set of trials at the beginning of the trial, or when they log in mid-trial. Again, then they are always on one side or another.

4) Give impartial their own side.