Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 03-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Apprentice

Lightbulb new skill idea

Probably one of the least played sub-classes in Nodeka's history is the Defensive Nojohr. Sadly this class got saddled with a few skills that require the use of shield. As we all know, using a shield isn't the most beneficial thing because you lose 1/2 of your attacks and one of the biggest sources of hit/dam. No matter how much defense you get from the shield/skills, it doesn't do much good if you can't actually kill what you are fighting.

The topic of summoned weapons/gear of some of the classes came up and it occurred to me that the Defensive Nojohr could definitely benefit from some summoned gear that is attuned to the uniqueness of their skills. Namely something that could offset the handicap of wearing a shield.

I think they could use a nice "summon big F'n spiked shield" spell/skill.

There are several different approaches that could be used compensate.

1) Give it a pretty good +hit (30-50) and a ridiculous amount of +dam (like 250-300). This is simple and straightforward. Offset the loss of 1/2 the attacks by making the other attacks hit 2x as hard.

For the remaining ideas, it would still need some +hit/dam but to a lesser extent on the +dam.

2) Have it proc like 1/2 the number of attacks lost, but have them all be thunderous strikes.

3) Have it proc a few attacks 2-3 but proc ignore/halve NR.

4) Give it some form of +attacks (like hasted attacks) that have a chance to auto-bash (shield bash attacks).

5) Give some %chance to auto-riposte on parry and some %enhanced parry. I'm not the biggest fan of this since I hate counters, but it is a valid idea.

6) something nice and defensive like +nr/quick with almost a stupid amount of +dam

Just some ideas to bring a dead sub-class to life.

Iron
Old 03-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Novice

I like a fighter class with a summon-able weapon, that is a pretty cool idea. you're thinking but maybe in line with some of the new features in the game, include inscriptions in there some where, a summon-able weapon that gives good stats as a weapons alone but has an inscription that gives it 100% shielded weapon when empowered and a lesser passive affect.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Apprentice

Well in this case, it wouldn't be a weapon but a shield instead. Though the Silvern Nojohr would be a good candidate for a summoned weapon.

It would go a long way in bringing those 2 sub-classes in line with the rest of the sub-classes.