Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Wanderer

Default Tweaking classes suggestions - Hunter

In short, starting this thread to provide some suggestions to spice up some skills/classes given that Whim and most imms been pretty occupied.

And i would like to kick off with hunter:

1. Tame - Currently, it functions similar to other classes that have the ability to conjure followers (i.e necro,wizard etc), where most followers will be "defeated in battle" once their time expiry kicks in.

Now, is there a real need for a hunter's follower to be defeated in battle unless provoke given that they are not being summoned (i.e. elemental, seraph, deadite)

To add some twist to the tame skill - perhaps we could allow the hunter to re-tame "certain pet" and with each successful re-tame. It will give the tamer varying bonuses (group spells buffs) given the bond the pet has grown with the hunter.

Requirement is that the tamer must have all stats at 250 and also tame at 150% at least to even sustain a successful tame.

Similarly, if the hunter do not re-tame the follower within a certain time period, the pet will grow aggressive and turn on its owner and take off a large chunk of experience gains or platinum.

__________________________________________________ _______________

2. Forage - a mortal hunter skill that provide hunters (expert in wilderness) the ability to identify certain herbs or vegetation to aid them in running certain areas and specifically terrain basee.g. In vestil, vungai etc.

By using skill forage - they can seek out varying items (root,clover or even legume) to apply that gives certain rejuvination in pools, hunting prowess, stats bonuses or even hit/dam for a short period of time.

You consume an ancient root and feel rejuvenated. (affects can be random)

This skill will not make or break a class, but it will provide lower minor hunter with some fun IMO!

3. Shapeshifter - major remort skill requiring all core skills (way of the rabbit, bear and panther) to be trained at 100% and all stats at 300.

This is an enhanced prevent spell/skill that enables a remort hunter the ability to shape shift to a wild beast with strong dependence on the nodeka sun/month phases. (e.g. month of the tiger) - if you cast or use the skill at the wrong timing, there will be detrimental effect!!

The negative loss could be -100 to -200 temp stats loss across all stats points for one month and inability to control oneself in battle. Or possibly turn oneself into a potato! (just joking)

So in the month of the wolf, one might be able to evolve into some thing like:

You morphed into a blood thirsty werewolf (pure damage)

Stats/affect bonuses: enhance damage bonus, +dam, +agility, claw attack damage that inflicts fatal wounds with -health effect on victim)

You morphed into a black mammoth bear (pure tanking)

Stats/affect bonuses: HUGE health buff, +high NR, immune to phys %, slower movement and halve number of attacks)
Old 11-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadako View Post
The negative loss could be -100 to -200 temp stats loss across all stats points for one month and inability to control oneself in battle.
== no play for a month or playing an alt for a month.

As to your tame idea of a tamed pet turning on its owner, I like that although not sure on the removal of plat/xp. However a pet no matter how good or bad it is while you have it that when it turns on its master is equal or greater to a demonic mastiff from the invasion trials might be nice.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Apprentice

i like the idea of forage. It has a very unique mechanics to what we see now. Skills/spells that depends on the area. That would prove alot of new discovery for a user. Very interesting.

Spells that focus on the nodeka calendar. So far only druids have that. It'll be cool if other class would follow suit, i.e hunter as u suggested. Its a cool concept. Unless nijlo wants it to be solely just for druids. but i guess that's a bit selfish.
________
Laos Recipes

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadako View Post
In short, starting this thread to provide some suggestions to spice up some skills/classes given that Whim and most imms been pretty occupied.

And i would like to kick off with hunter:

1. Tame - Currently, it functions similar to other classes that have the ability to conjure followers (i.e necro,wizard etc), where most followers will be "defeated in battle" once their time expiry kicks in.

Now, is there a real need for a hunter's follower to be defeated in battle unless provoke given that they are not being summoned (i.e. elemental, seraph, deadite)

To add some twist to the tame skill - perhaps we could allow the hunter to re-tame "certain pet" and with each successful re-tame. It will give the tamer varying bonuses (group spells buffs) given the bond the pet has grown with the hunter.

Requirement is that the tamer must have all stats at 250 and also tame at 150% at least to even sustain a successful tame.

Similarly, if the hunter do not re-tame the follower within a certain time period, the pet will grow aggressive and turn on its owner and take off a large chunk of experience gains or platinum.

2. Forage - a mortal hunter skill that provide hunters (expert in wilderness) the ability to identify certain herbs or vegetation to aid them in running certain areas and specifically terrain basee.g. In vestil, vungai etc.

By using skill forage - they can seek out varying items (root,clover or even legume) to apply that gives certain rejuvination in pools, hunting prowess, stats bonuses or even hit/dam for a short period of time.

You consume an ancient root and feel rejuvenated. (affects can be random)

This skill will not make or break a class, but it will provide lower minor hunter with some fun IMO!

3. Shapeshifter - major remort skill requiring all core skills (way of the rabbit, bear and panther) to be trained at 100% and all stats at 300.

This is an enhanced prevent spell/skill that enables a remort hunter the ability to shape shift to a wild beast with strong dependence on the nodeka sun/month phases. (e.g. month of the tiger) - if you cast or use the skill at the wrong timing, there will be detrimental effect!!

The negative loss could be -100 to -200 temp stats loss across all stats points for one month and inability to control oneself in battle. Or possibly turn oneself into a potato! (just joking)

So in the month of the wolf, one might be able to evolve into some thing like:

You morphed into a blood thirsty werewolf (pure damage)

Stats/affect bonuses: enhance damage bonus, +dam, +agility, claw attack damage that inflicts fatal wounds with -health effect on victim)

You morphed into a black mammoth bear (pure tanking)

Stats/affect bonuses: HUGE health buff, +high NR, immune to phys %, slower movement and halve number of attacks)
Not to dismiss any of these ideas- but have you played a high level tholec? They do well and have a nice array of utilities they can use.

Also a negative affect for 1 month is not viable, especially on something as harsh as -100 to -200 stats.

While we all want more fun things for our classes, I think the best thing right now is content and not just temporary class stuff. Also what will make things more enjoyable is recruiting new players. New players encourage growth from all ends.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Apprentice

For the shapeshifting thing, if there's no control, as mentioned, AFK 1(in-game) month. If controlled, the hunters will just avoid using it for the months in question.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 AM
Novice

Interesting suggestions, Sadako - thanks. =)

"Shapeshifting" is already slated as an upcoming druid spell (even with the time dependency, except based on natural sphere) - nice psychic accuracy!

Your "forage" spell is an interesting idea - I love the flavor, great fit for the hunter class! It would have to be fairly restricted in power (due to hunters' current breadth of skills, and also because I think making it too powerful would ruin the flavor of the ability) - but I can see it adding a cool twist or three to the class. Definitely pencilling this one into my notebook.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Wanderer

Great stuff guys, thank you for all your inputs

As rightfully pointed out, content and pbase should probably be address, but maybe on another thread.

Have a nice day!