Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Wanderer

At the risk of sounding very much like a broken record, what class is generally the best suited for straight PvE running, with perhaps the least amount of plat required to boost their skills/stats etc?

Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Apprentice

I'd say hunter or healers(daja/fallad) imo :P
________
BUY HERBALAIRE

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
At the risk of sounding very much like a broken record, what class is generally the best suited for straight PvE running, with perhaps the least amount of plat required to boost their skills/stats etc?
Paladin's a good class for your requirements. Hunters, maybe. There's an argument to be made for nimming as a footpad (it can be the most quiet way of earning plats). And if you're choosing fallad/healer(daja), I think fallads have a slight edge in running.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Apprentice

I disagree with paladin. I started of as a paladin. and it drains alot of pools just from spelling up. its pretty painful upkeep when u'r just a lowbie.
footpad nimming isn't all that great in early stages imo. but i think there's a level in growth that would do better than others. i.e run bigger areas than someone your stat size could.
________
Camaro

Old 10-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Apprentice

paladins are decent...when you started as a paladin, races were crap and there were level 100's beating major remorts (tyranny, dameron)...things have changed drastically since then...races now provide ample pools...and crafted eq helps too...halwen fire is ridiculously powerful against neg align mobs so that definitely helps with the running...you don't have to use holy light at every chance if you can't maintain it...hunters would be a fairly decent option...i don't think the healer classes would do as well...i actually think that barbs and warlocks would do well..
Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
I disagree with paladin. I started of as a paladin. and it drains alot of pools just from spelling up. its pretty painful upkeep when u'r just a lowbie.
Paladin Spell, Level 40, 15 Spirit: Decree of Innocence.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Apprentice

Maybe i'm speaking of my newbie experience 4-5years ago as a paladin? but shrugs as a newbie anyways it isn't easy to get crafted, if someone is handing you freebies sure. Otherwise its just too expensive to buy them.

Anyways that was my opinion.
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER

Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Apprentice

Tier 1 crafted items are fairly easy to get...plus it's a lot easier to train nowadays...throw in the invasion and all you need are a few months to cap your stats as opposed to what it used to take...