Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Hero

Default Re:Your thoughts about the new website.

Across the top: Nodeka411 Board Forum MyProfile Threaded View Help

This needs to be brought down in text size or rather Button size.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Odinn wrote:
Quote:
Across the top: Nodeka411 Board Forum MyProfile Threaded View Help

This needs to be brought down in text size or rather Button size.
Ok, I\'ve reduced the font by a point, even reducing it by a point makes a noticeable difference, so it should look better.

Nodeka411.net Administrator
Old 01-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Odinn wrote:
Quote:
When I edit an article I previously posted, If I did any special formatting by using say the space bar before a line, when I edit the article it removed the spacing before the lines. Can you dive into the code and stop it from removing whitespace before every newline?
Removing excessive white space is all part of html. It\'s hard coded into the whole html language itself. If you\'re looking to indent, like tabbing over, there\'s a button on the tool bar when adding an article right below the italic button to indent lines.

I doubt that kind issue would be something I could fix.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Apprentice

I massively dislike these forums. It\'s not just the colour scheme, the entire layout seems cramped. Personally the two things i did use the old Nodeka411 for were the forums and the pk rankings.

The latter has yet to be moved over, and the former isn\'t living up to it, I feel.

What was wrong with the old style of forums, curiously?

And can there be serious consideration for, at very least, a change of colour scheme.

-Iblis.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Hero

vishvenc wrote:
Quote:
I massively dislike these forums. It\'s not just the colour scheme, the entire layout seems cramped. Personally the two things i did use the old Nodeka411 for were the forums and the pk rankings.

The latter has yet to be moved over, and the former isn\'t living up to it, I feel.

And can there be serious consideration for, at very least, a change of colour scheme.

-Iblis.
The layout IS cramped, however nemesis is working on bringing it up in resolution which will resolve all of the cramped feelings. It\'s going to take time but I\'m sure this site will be up to where it needs to be.

And on a side note, the other one was cluttered with stupid useless shit. =)
Old 01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator

vishvenc wrote:
Quote:

-Iblis.
Well, to answer the first part of your question. Those forums where no longer supported by Invision Power Board. The boards where v1.3Final and they\'re up to v2.3 now. v1.3 was the last board they released that was free to download, if you could find it and the new boards you had to buy or lease from them. They discontinued that version of the forum many many years ago and because of that, patches have not been released for it. With that being said, the reason for the change was cause the forum was being manipulated and hacked. I went through the directories one day and started noticing files in the structure that weren\'t supposed to be there that had encrypted content.

After taking a closer look at it, I had come to find that they where scripts to steal the directory structure of my site and sent it to a 3rd party website. I had to submit a trouble ticket to my hosting provider seeing as i had no rights to those files since I didn\'t write them. Only the network admins could remove them.

And to get to your other question about a different color style, seeing as the background is black, and the header is of a rather dark nature, what other color theme did you have in mind?

Also as a note, i know you liked the old forums, but the old website will still be up for a while till I can get things moved over. The new semester is coming up, and progess will be slowing down a bit.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Apprentice

I guess my question was answered while I was posting this.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Odinn wrote:
Quote:
vishvenc wrote:
Quote:

-Iblis.
The layout IS cramped, however nemesis is working on bringing it up in resolution which will resolve all of the cramped feelings. It\'s going to take time but I\'m sure this site will be up to where it needs to be.

And on a side note, the other one was cluttered with stupid useless shit. =)
Ok, the theme has been adjusted for 1024x768 resolution. Tell me what you think.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Apprentice

Is it just me or does some of the font look too big now?

It seems just as cramped, because while the size of the forums were increased apparently so were the fonts.

So now it looks like a cramped kindergarten book.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Iblis wrote:
Quote:
Is it just me or does some of the font look too big now?

It seems just as cramped, because while the size of the forums were increased apparently so were the fonts.

So now it looks like a cramped kindergarten book.
I haven\'t changed the theme of the forum at all. It\'s exactly the same as it was with the 800x600 theme.