Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Novice

Default Invasion Strategy

Over the past couple of invasions, I, along with others, have come up with a unique strategy on defending Ruushi during the Vl'lakian Ogre Invasion.

First, get your rune.
Kill your mob, lose your quest affect for your rune.
Go around, kill warlocks.
Warlocks are what should be the first to go as soon as you spot one.
They summon slavers and taskmasters, which do a number to the damage points on Ruushi.
The more summoners we take out, the better for the town.

It's easiest this way, get a group.
In your group, have someone that can heal, even if they are a necro, make sure you have someone.
Another person that can rescue, paladin, Vivec (haha), pollir, idc.
Just as long as you have someone that can rescue you when sh*t gets thick, that's always a plus.
Never try to solo a mob, it just takes way to long.
If you need help, yell it.
Trust me, you'll have a swarm of defenders coming your way the minute you yell it.

But don't be like, "yell need help!"
Explain the situation, "yell slaver, sw corner. -- or - yell dev Ghalt Street East"
Common sense goes a long way in the invasions, so use it.
Everyone is your friend during the invasions. Don't kill each other, it's just a waste.

But most importantly, have fun during the invasions.

Special thanks to:
Tomb, Nlojile, Seraphim, Serenity, Grim, Rar and ofc Whim.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Novice

Default my strategy

This is how I've been playing it:

I get a rune affect - then lose it as soon as possible. Then recall to my home spot, walking around taking inventory of which mob is where for my next possible moves.

As I move I look for warlocks, I'll target and throw at them. And move on to the next one - if one jumps me, I recall. Then I walk to go help where there is a crowd. This way, mobs I hit will come to me and assistance will already be there. If you can't tank 'em don't hit em, of course.

So I think: set home temple - we all get our rune affects, then let a mob jump us - recall, then wait there - all the mobs can come to us in one spot, in waves. So while tracking for us, they won't damage the town - and we're near Christof for next rune - and we'd all be hitting together.

This worked out successfully last few invasions - I hit about 1 - 4 warlocks at a time and look for big people in groups already fighting - jumped in with them, and a few of the warlocks found me in the process. So, within my 'weakened soul' affect, we knocked out about 2 - 3 warlocks each time.

Whatcha think?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Novice

Great idea.
So guys, apply this whenever possible.
Seems to be working like a charm,
I'll come up with a more indepth strategy on how to make sure Ruushi gets the least ammount of damage points per invasion in due time.
But for now, go with what Tomb said.
Just make sure you are able to tank the mob(s) you've hit.
If not, just call someone who can.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Apprentice

If you have Hunt/Shi-Ku/Shadow, or similar "mob is in direction X and Y" type skills, USE THEM to find the Warlocks. Once you find them, if you can, tank. If not, sit there, and yell till someone bigger ports to you. If you're sure nobody else is in the room, use an area attack(Collapsed Ellipse, Quickblade, etc.) to automatically make them(the warlock) fight you. If you are smaller, you can still initiate the combat, just make sure you recall or get rescued as soon as possible once others take over.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Novice

Tomb and I have come up with a new idea,
Along with the help of Serenity, just because he's OP and all.

Warlocks, don't really mess with them to much. You'll understand more when you see both Tomb and I during the invasions.

What our plan is, and you can go along with this is you have the skill/patience to do so.

1. On our downtime (weakened rune status, without a rune currently intact), I plan on hitting every warlock I can see.
2. Drag them (make them follow us to temple), and just kill them at temple.
3. We need your help, we'll yell when it's time, for people to come to temple and help with the warlock situation.

Today we managed to get to minimal damage following this new strategy.
We had a good 10-15 warlocks 1n,1e,1w,1s, of temple, and in temple during the last invasion that took place. With this new tactic, it is easier to DO WORK on the warlocks.

So please bear withus, and if you see a warlock, just send someone a tell, either Tomb or I (Vivec). We'll do the rest.

If you see a warlock in temple, kill it. Make it your toy while your weakened rune status is up. That's all we ask =]

Cheers.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Administrator

You only want me cause I am OP! I am now sulking. But I do like the idea, will sure make it quicker when they come to me rather than me scan all the time
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Novice

it just happens to make everyones life easier when you're there
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Administrator

I feel wanted and loved!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Novice

Default just letting you know

If you see me without followers hitting a warlock, or several other mobs, DO NOT JOIN me! I will be recalling and luring them to temple or the nearest Serenity :P

Twice today I notice others bring their mobs to the temple - and there were enough there to keep on crushing 'em! And both times we won decisively

If you're by yourself and you see a warlock, don't engage :P or throw from a distance and lead it to temple without tripping on the lag monster!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Apprentice

I usually walk until I notice an aggro ! that shows up in a seemingly empty square(or if my output shows ALERT! WARLOCK! due to their visibility). Once that happens, I spam #20 kick warlock until it connects, then recall. Once that's done, I walk a little bit back towards Raash, ambush the warlock, and then recall one last time so that it's determined to come to the temple, where I ambush it one last time so everyone can see and join in. Yeah, I'm an ambush addict.