Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Apprentice

put a prevent on slow...that's like saying put a prevent on ninja's stun and monks temple touch...and marauders are pro at not leaving tracks and not being seen!!!
we're supposed to be stealing and plundering people all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
and replace it with an aoe:
that lowers dex or increase dex at random. And increase the dex of marauder base on the number of +dex affect in the room and increase the str of the marauder base on the number of -dex affect in the room.
As mastery increase the chances of group members get +dex affect instead of a -dex. And at even higher dex lowers the chance of others getting +dex.
classes that works towards it :P
it's called...silver inferno
Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Apprentice

I think you've missed the whole point of my suggestion. its to make marauders an aoe fighter.

If you read further on slow its aoe. And to have a spammable aoe that's insane. and i'm not talking about a 1min - 2min prevent. a short prevent that just disallows them to spam instead of putting a lag on it. so instant slow that allows you to do other things while you get it back like say what 4 rounds later?

Well just thinking of more aoe skills for marauders. and with dex in place now thought a new aoe skill should be surrounding that.

Basically the point is to start having classes that contribute to a team in different ways. Marauders - aoe negative affects and valkyries - aoe positive affects.

Quote:
and marauders are pro at not leaving tracks and not being seen!!!
we're supposed to be stealing and plundering people all the time...
Well not in the case of what's in the nodeka marauder's description, never said anything bout stealing and plundering. Just raining chaos and destruction.
And i think stealing is more for footpads. maybe plundering. But i've never read of marauders plundering a village or a caravan or anything in stealthiness. The just charge in a huge number on horsebacks and yell aiayayayaya.
________
VAPORIZER PIPE

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Apprentice

those are raiders...and nobody's gonna wanna go an aoe class...unless you haven't noticed, group pk is dead...even as it is, i can redirect slow to whoever anyway...i really don't see the point in making it an aoe skill...we have silver inferno for that aoe -dex anyway!! if you're talking about improving the class, this isn't helping...if you're talking about toning the class, you're better off starting with warlocks and poliirs...if you're talking about changing it for shits and giggle to see how it's gonna work, i'll tell you that it isn't going to...even if you put an 8 second prevent for an 8 second aoe affect, it's hardly gonna make a difference to what it does now..
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Apprentice

My only complaint with Marauder(using) would be the sheer number of prevention attacks:

Banded Smiting Initiative
Kick
Mental Blast
Striking Fist
Bash
Ashi Barai Kick
Storm Complexity
Unhallowed Scathing
Mental Tempest

In fact, by the time you finished going through the above list(given that Nodeka typically parses 3-5 preventions per 2-second round), Kick has probably already become unprevented, maybe Mental Blast as well.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh View Post
those are raiders...and nobody's gonna wanna go an aoe class...unless you haven't noticed, group pk is dead...even as it is, i can redirect slow to whoever anyway...i really don't see the point in making it an aoe skill...we have silver inferno for that aoe -dex anyway!! if you're talking about improving the class, this isn't helping...if you're talking about toning the class, you're better off starting with warlocks and poliirs...if you're talking about changing it for shits and giggle to see how it's gonna work, i'll tell you that it isn't going to...even if you put an 8 second prevent for an 8 second aoe affect, it's hardly gonna make a difference to what it does now..
I'm not talking bout improving something that is lacking or toning.

i'm suggesting a change in the dynamics of the class. To aoe class. As if you pk solo all the time. The only reason aoe is dead coz no one pks. I'm sure everyone would agree they'd want to see more ppl pk. and with changes such as these maybe it'll go hand in hand with imms trying to promote ways of having more ppl pk.

and fine ignore every single example. That was way beside the main point. it was all just suggestion or a glimpse of what i was talking about. so stfu on talking bout how much the example sucks and talk more about the idea as a whole as you stated about aoe pk being dead. that seems more of a viable discussion. Then oh lol why for stupid example.
________
Activa

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Apprentice

no i do not pk solo all the time...but apart from cits, i have also not pked any groups in frikking ages...everyone wants to see more people pk as long as it doesn't involve them and their botting...you wanna see more people pk?? implement pk rewards that far outshine pve efforts (gonna be pretty hard to beat crafted gear)...take spy/port away or make it all necro style spy at least...

ignore every single example?? have you actually thought through your own idea before putting it out?? for one, we don't even have a class unique aoe skill to begin with...warp reality changed that and i'm all for seeing new skills/spells implemented even if they are on the same prevent as current skills/spells...what you're suggesting on the other hand doesn't really help the class...how about something like "marauders should get a charge based stun that stuns random people in the room" or something like that...only problem being...sooner or later, nobody's gonna wanna group with marauders...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Wanderer

Just wondering how does taking spy away increase pking? More people will start to PK if you are unable to find anyone? That seems counter intuitive.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayke View Post
Just wondering how does taking spy away increase pking? More people will start to PK if you are unable to find anyone? That seems counter intuitive.
well...people would be more open to pk if they fancy their chances at getting away after that...without spy, you're not gonna be able to find me...right now with spy, there's a total lockdown...and because people don't wanna get locked down, they rather not get involved in anything...
Old 10-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Administrator

Removing spy would not lead to more people PK'ing, it would just lead to more fun for you... PK without retrebution, great for your data sheet shitty for everything eles.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh View Post
well...people would be more open to pk if they fancy their chances at getting away after that...without spy, you're not gonna be able to find me...right now with spy, there's a total lockdown...and because people don't wanna get locked down, they rather not get involved in anything...
I'm going to have to disagree here. All spies have been changed to a charge based ability or are on a lengthy prevent ( see necro ).

There is an over abundance in my opinion of !spy currently. Every other race is !distant magic, do you know how hard it is to spy people these days, let alone visit them with !distant magic?

The change for !spy races was actually so fighters weren't completely engulfed by casters who could spy and teleport in. Making it harder to spy does 2 things(given the current framework of !distant magic):
1) it deters people from PKilling because they have no idea what is waiting for them
2) it gives fighters an edge over casters because now the caster's aren't able to prepare for whats coming( granted neither can the fighters now that they can't have a friend spy, but fighters can prepare on the front end a bit more than most casters )

Regardless of spy or not, there's always going to be the lockdown factor in an online pkilling situation. Happens in all kinds of games.