View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Apprentice

According to Dios, Joufu's Arc apparently does give +Dexterity. {3*(100-72)+3*(100-72)+3}=171 points in. As in you have to hit Aug 21 before you can get 271% Joufu's Arc and finally get +37 Dexterity. Quite frankly, in a game where certain classes *cough Mjols, Jakaens* frequently run around with well over +50 each to multiple stats, having Joufu's Arc cap at +36 Dexterity(barring Augment 20!) is, if you'll pardon my French, bullshit. Couple that with Convergence of Balance(around +20 Agility, +4 more than that for +hit), and Shadow Cast(+Quickness=Willpower/10), yeah. Then again, the latter 2 are shared with Marauders and Necromancers respectively, both of whom tend to get much better mileage out of them. It could be argued that antei of formation gives 150 Dex, and (the new)hakanai shouten another 100+, but that's some 10 rounds, maximum. Ninjas just don't have much choice beyond that. Stun(which fails a lot in PVP even with +Dex, unless you have AOHS on), or Hurricane/Au-sem-mao, neither of which does particularly grand damage unless you're pracced out the wazoo(and even then, probably miss a crapload in PVP).

Semi-related request: End the blatant bias against Stun. No other impairment gets singled out for immunity. If we're going to have people running around with stun immunity, stun perfection should work as a counter(subtract value of stun perfection from value of stun immunity to get actual % chance to avoid being stunned). Of course, this means AOHS needs to stop giving a flat +100%, but I can live with that if it means people stop yawning when I try to stun them. :P