Thread: A New Player
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Novice

Welcome, Astrikken! In general, it is "easiest" to simply shoot for level 100 major remort. If you have a lot of excess plat as you go along (for example, from participating in the Ruushi Invasion event), you could use that to boost a few stats along the way.

One benefit of becoming a major remort as soon as possible is crafted gear. Most of the best gear in the game is crafted gear, made by players who have levelled up their crafting abilities (which you can do as well as a major remort). These crafted items have a finite lifetime (a couple of months), but being able to wear them is a big game-changer.

Once you're a major remort, you can worry about raising your stats to base 300s (it takes quite a while). You won't need to worry about augmenting for a very long time, as that's the end-stage of development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrikken View Post
Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself first and foremost. I am enjoying getting to know Nodeka and am nearly overwhelmed by the character development available!

My question is, as a new character, should I be at all concerned with augmenting/enhancing/training or what have you?

My impression is that most of that occurs when you reach the level 100 2nd remort stage and have nowhere else to go.

I confess, I have been looking through the help files and doing the mejath quests and find it all a bit much.

What would be the ideal character progression path? Should I be concerned with my attributes right now as a 28 level nobody?

Would appreciate a little guidance! Thanks in advance!