Thread: Changing Aug
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier View Post
I believe we need to focus on recruiting and keeping new players as well as retaining our veterans too, NOT just one or the other.
We haven't kept the veterans though, Meier. Most of them left a long time ago, or play just sporadically.

I'd dare say more veterans would come back if augments (and this new completely insanely unbalanceable practice thing) were removed entirely.

Also, new players would certainly stick around much longer if they didn't look at the insane player sizes, do the math, and figure out that it would take them wayyy too much time to compete.

So yeah, if we want to focus on keeping new players and not only retaining veterans, but getting them to come back and play, then get rid of the factors that require 24-hour botting (or close to it) and create huge player gaps.

Essentially I guess I agree with you, but you just seem to be confusing the word 'veterans' with 'botters'.

Sure, a couple of botters would quit maybe, as Blitz said, change is never easy to accept. But lets face it, we could get Ody to log on his multies and sit there botting to achieve the same affect as having all the other botters give us anyway, right?

-!Iblis.