View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Apprentice

I love the changes to Hurricane/ASM. Still a little whiffy, but I suspect with more pracs(and especially PI) they should be working like mini-fireballs again.

Unseen Motion+Difficult to Hit: Actually, I think it's at 700%(100% base, then +1% DTH per 6% over that) that it will max out.

Stun: Yeah, it does have that feeling of being "left behind". Especially when 2 out of the 4 classes with stepped impairment get instant versions. The only reason I keep bringing this up is that it does have relevance with regards to being able to land all your preventions and/or 1 or 2 lag moves during the period when the opponent is impaired. Admittedly, it's less relevant in the same way as with all burst damage as HP goes up, but it's still a consideration. Sticking in antei of formation helps a little, but I doubt the extra hits/dex/overall damage per round makes up for the loss of endurance(and +hit) after that, compared to Monks(with stances!) and Valkyries(song of striking/ruin, whose combined cost is below formation, even with the cost of alluring grace thrown in). Eliminating the specific bias against stun(every other class with impairments can bypass anti-stun ala Wicked Fidelity.)

Speaking of Antei of Formation, I wouldn't mind seeing it get a much lower prevention. The sheer endurance cost of it means only someone approaching 50k endurance would be able to keep spamming it without losing hit/dam.

1813*20=36260. This is the minimum amount of total endurance(36260) you need before you can regenerate it back in one minute(or in other words, if the prevention is reduced to the same length as hakanai shouten). At that size, your HP is probably at or about 50k as well, so the fights would be lasting long enough to spam it maybe 3 times at most(compared to maybe once at the start, and a second time, if you got lucky with time-bending, at the current prevention time). If you throw in Flowering Spirit as well, that adds another 11840 to the amount of endurance you need(total 48100!) before you can spam both and regenerate the same in the tick(in combat).

Also, if I calculated correctly, you'd need over 10 million endurance before hitting the +15 hit/dam cap anyways.

Quickblade: I'll stop bitching about the speed requirement for double hits for now. Could we lower the prevention on this? A Ninja seldom gets into mass fights anyway(NR too low, even good quickness still lets some hits through), so between the endurance cost and the potential health hazards, only a bigger ninja(10k or more endurance, 30k or more HP) would use this to run, and it would improve their running speed by allowing them to engage multiple targets, as well as damaging them(and if you can't kill more than half the enemies hit within 60 seconds, half of the damage is usually regenerated anyways).

Summary for the tl;dr crowd: Lowering prevention on Formation and Quickblade only produces self-correcting "problems"(ie, nobody small would abuse them, especially seeing as they're major remort moves, so you really shouldn't be that small when you can use them), and makes larger majors more relevant/useful in a fight(with maximum endurance to spam formation+flowering, and maybe quickblade if nothing bigger than your current opponent is in the room), as well as upping their running speed. Stun needs tweaks.