View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default Re:Your thoughts about the new website.

vishvenc wrote:
Quote:
I massively dislike these forums. It\'s not just the colour scheme, the entire layout seems cramped. Personally the two things i did use the old Nodeka411 for were the forums and the pk rankings.

The latter has yet to be moved over, and the former isn\'t living up to it, I feel.

What was wrong with the old style of forums, curiously?

And can there be serious consideration for, at very least, a change of colour scheme.

-Iblis.
Well, to answer the first part of your question. Those forums where no longer supported by Invision Power Board. The boards where v1.3Final and they\'re up to v2.3 now. v1.3 was the last board they released that was free to download, if you could find it and the new boards you had to buy or lease from them. They discontinued that version of the forum many many years ago and because of that, patches have not been released for it. With that being said, the reason for the change was cause the forum was being manipulated and hacked. I went through the directories one day and started noticing files in the structure that weren\'t supposed to be there that had encrypted content.

After taking a closer look at it, I had come to find that they where scripts to steal the directory structure of my site and sent it to a 3rd party website. I had to submit a trouble ticket to my hosting provider seeing as i had no rights to those files since I didn\'t write them. Only the network admins could remove them.

And to get to your other question about a different color style, seeing as the background is black, and the header is of a rather dark nature, what other color theme did you have in mind?

Also as a note, i know you liked the old forums, but the old website will still be up for a while till I can get things moved over. The new semester is coming up, and progess will be slowing down a bit.

Nodeka411.net Administrator