Thread: skill costs
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Apprentice

Just for the record, my constrict lasts 19 seconds - so i'm not sure which witches you've been fighting that have a +40 second constrict (which would take about 800 con). Also it doesn't cut melee damage by 75% and double my damage - it cuts the targets stats by 50%.

This is.... wildly ridiculous on so many different levels.

And I also like how you've left out things like the defensive nojohr parries, riposte, nojohr fate, and so on.

Also you've both misinterpreted so many other skills (i.e. spartan grapple is an impairment, not a lag ability like inharmonic helix... i think you mean trial of aggression, AND barrier behest and awakening of the guard are specific defenses they do -not- block all forms of damage).

But back to the core question at hand, i.e. skill costs.

Sure a maxxed char with decent pools can use their arsenal pretty easily - but that's the way it has been engineered. The limiting factor is the prevents and some classes have it easier than others in that department.

Powerful abilities generally have longer prevents, and using them is not nearly as simple as 'spam all -> win'. Anyone who can afford to spam all and win was probably going to win the encounter anyway.

It is a nice idea, sure, to add more consideration to how people use skills. But you'll find that you end up with endless arguments as to what constitutes a 'powerful' ability.

-Iblis.