View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Novice

Default Weapons and Botchecks

I think that an interesting skill and one that may restore some balance to the game would be the ability to “break” a weapon. The weapon breakage could only occur in combat. The weapon need not be permanently broken. In fact I think that an alternate skill would be “repair” weapon.

Skill: BREAK WEAPON – Automatic with prevent

At 100% it might have a 2-4% break weapon rate with a 30 minute prevent

At 605% it might have a 10-15% break weapon rate with a 10 minute prevent

When role for breaking a weapon is successful, a second role for the amount- unsable vs damaged. A damaged weapon would have negative affects applied to it (like reverse infuscated marbling the weapon). This affect would be permanent until another action was made against the weapon.

Possible way of repairing the weapon:

Using a marble (would compare to base weapon stats like normal).

New skill: REPAIR WEAPON

Skill: REPAIR WEAPON- long prevent (1 hour)

At 100% - restores weapon to base stats

At 605% - functions like marble with a lower SU rate when repair the weapon (may be to op in your opinion, in which class just don’t make the skill scalable).

Classes:

Break Weapon: Barbs- with their overwhelming power, particular during rage/vehemence/etc (strength/will would affect the skill)

Monks- catches your *insert name of weapon* in his/her hands and snaps it in half/damages your weapon (dex/agi/speed would affect the skill)

Nojohr: using his intmate knowledge of weapons, identifies the weakness in your weapon and attacks it.

Obviously monks have no weapons to break.

Repair Weapon: Nojohr

Hunter

BOTCHECKS

I think that it would be cool if when you get a botcheck either with the first or second notification if a mob with random name appeared (no appearance message) and attacked you. There would be some response required to stop the attack or win. Perhaps passing the botcheck or even better have to pledge allegiance to “largest mob in the zone”. The botcheck mob should/could emote what your are supposed to do to end the attack. The attacks would start off fairly wimpy, but would increase dramatically in each round (similar to the way that monstrous fury increases with time) so that if you did not either kill it quickly or “give the exit answer” it would eventually rk you.

I think that this would be a stronger bot deterent and increase then need to have at least one storm crystal to keep your “op equipment”. I think that rd’ing should be a bigger risk/part of the game. If nothing else it would help to equalize big players and smaller players if people started losing equipment. It would also refocus people on running loaders that currently exist in the game as well as crafted