Thread: Extinct Races
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenulia View Post
By the way, does the Regional Deception/Stealth hit bonus/penalty apply to racial Blending?
I'm curious as well.

I think oji-oem is the only race I dislike as a race/concept. I don't like spirit shield on a willpower race, and the holy vulnerability can be a big deal. If it had wisdom, I would say it's not a bad valkyrie/nojohr/hunter race. The spirit shield is a detriment; without a siprit shield, it would be an interesting race for many classes (especially ninja), but as is, I can't think of a single class where I would choose oji-oem as my race. Rhras is simply better because mana shields aren't a handicap in the way that spirit shields are, and I think that's a problem.

I think jerof and gaa'el are less popular because they are pk races, and most players prioritize run speed when selecting a race. In many respects, jerof is just the defensive version of hobbit, although for all the classes with parry (and come on, choosing jerowae over thain without parry is crazy) I would personally choose another race. However, jerof isn't an unreasonable race, which is the way I feel about oji-oem.

I know everyone's experience with races is different, and there's always the enjoyment of the concept of a race. Your mileage may vary, and of course, times change.