View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Apprentice

First, a response to the previous comments:

I believe unseen motion gives a 1% difficult to hit every 6%. I agree that joufu's arc could use some bonus to dexterity with practice %. Or better yet, simply remove the cap on dexterity.

Here's my list of the spellups that Ninjas deserve:

1. trail concealment/winded passage. basically the same buff, and it's ridiculous that we don't have it.
2. flight of any kind. marauders have it. hunters have it. it doesn't even make sense that marauders have wings of the dragon. why was it moved from ninja to marauder in the first place?
3. haste. for two reasons: first, it's weird that ninjas of all classes don't have any speed buffs. secondly, we deserve more attacks, because we're shafted so hard on damage compared to every other fighter, save footpads. Why do we also have fewer attacks than other fighter classes?

Other suggestions for improving ninjas:

1. reduce prevention time for antei of the clouded mind. this ability has a limp ratio of uptime to downtime, and basically locks you out of pk for half an hour. It should provide a higher uptime/downtime ratio, as well as be much shorter, like a 9 minute up/2 minute down deal, reaching 0 minutes down at high constitutions.

2. antei of formation needs to last longer. Since antei of formation was first implemented, player health and the length of pk battles has increased a great deal. When you also consider the introduction of glacious stones, and the more recent hit/dam bonus lost when using too much endurance, antei of formation has become stupid. I don't always use antei of formation on long boss fights, because I'd rather not break my hit/dam bonus for a few rounds of extra attacks (that don't hit as hard since I lose my bonus), even with 28600 endurance. This is a ridiculous state of affairs.

Antei of formation needs to be extended dramatically, or else its endurance cost needs to be cut dramatically, or both need to be done moderately. The current state of antei of formation is that it's questionable to even use this ability. I certainly don't land all my attacks when I use it, which is pretty crazy considering that hakanai shouten + formation take me well over 800 dexterity and 400 +hit.

3. Ninjas deserve redirect. The only two fighter classes without redirect are footpads and ninjas, not coincidentally the two fighter classes with the most withdraws (unless you count eaststar khehusods). NEWFLASH: Battle locks have been in this game for years. It's time to give redirect to footpads and ninjas.

4. Ambush sucks. It needs to either go off autonomously along the lines of critical tactics/heroines charge to help replace the loss of SM, or else it should scale better. Before players were dealing 10K damage per charge and 5K damage on storm complexity and evasion stopped ambush most of the time, ambush was a decent, if difficult to use skill. Now, the average damage dealt by ambush in pk is less than simply opening with flowering spirit.

I would say the top three ninja fixes are:
1. Trail concealment
2. Redirect
3. Haste

Last edited by Syveril; 11-19-2008 at 04:45 AM.