View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedFurby View Post
On #8. That is open to much abuse.

Seems like a neat skill idea for a footpad type. Certainly something they would do.

If it didn't have a bonus of some sort (like strike from the shadow bonus). I wouldn't bother using it, unless it was exactly like redirect. And footpads shouldn't have redirect. We're not that nice/kind hearted to bother trying to assist someone else in that manner.

If it has a bonus. Then it would be easy to abuse unless you give it a stupid high prevent to help limit its use.
Well my intent was just on switching targets just like redirect. It's not being kind-hearted, it's called double-cross, isn't it? It's more like stabbing someone in the back after you've fought alongside them.... I didn't envision an added bonus, although one could certainly be added in. It would have extremely limited usefulness of course. You're basically required to find two targets that you're trying to kill and happen to be killing each other. This ability is more about help you gauge which one is more appropriate to kill... which I guess you could do with vanish/sidestep, etc, but what if you were northwinded or somesuch? Anyway, it's a cheap idea, just thrown out there.

Argh, the very idea of a ninja deciding to go ryfe (lol) wearing +con crafted (omg) and then buying +con rp gear (wtf) is absurd. And if you compare the uptime, formation at 15 seconds is up for 5% of the time. Anyway, it's just how I feel.

I like thematic consistency, and just because the game overall might not have full consistency, that doesn't mean I can't suggest something (like hand dice) to increase thematic attractiveness ever so slightly.