View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Apprentice

Default Suggestions from a Ninja

In list format. As always, skewed towards the class(es) I play or interact with the most, due to familiarity with the subject matter. I guess there's no need to include sub-class commentary at this point.

1. Antei of the Clouded Mind needs a lower downtime. Either have the duration extended or the prevention lowered, but either way, the dead time is extremely high.

2. Antei of Formation should have its duration scale more sharply with constitution. I seriously don't care about constitution, since all my preventions have constant downtime and the increase to uptime is not significant. Constitution should probably have some bearing on a class.

3. Devil's Siphon isn't very good.

4. Oji-oem could stand to gain some wisdom. There aren't that many classes that won't suffer heavily anytime their spirit drops out, especially with willpower as the only spell-stat. I'd like to see this race opened up a bit more to trackers, valkyries, and nojohr.

5. Is it possible to sustain while unconscious?

6. Willed protectors have terrible endurance. (Mortal/minor remort versions). I mean TERRIBAD.

7. Ambush and shadow/shi-ku/hunt all need better methods of release. Ambush can't be released without sleeping or moving (that's just a little weird), and shadow/shi-ku/hunt release only works as a separate use, which requires both endurance and out-of-combat. Neither condition should be a requirement.

8. New skill idea for footpads: double-cross. Redirect, but only to your target's target. Obviously doesn't work if you're tanking, but you can join someone and then stab them (without vanishing). All usual mechanics apply. It could come with a small combat bonus as well, since I guess it would be surprising. Not sure as to the usefulness, since it's not THAT often that I'm stabbing one target and decide I'm on the wrong one. (Actually, if I'm honest, I need this all the time when I try to help Rar. Not that I'm a footpad.)

9. I think ninjas should have better hand dice! Didn't we used to have 33 D 3? I'm not sure why it got toned, but I think that's really weird that it got toned.

10. I don't understand witches not having magic arrow past mortal. Are practices refunded if magic arrow is practiced as a mortal?