View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Wanderer

That would actually be a good incentive for people to go healer. My problem since returning to Nodeka though is the massive amount of pools needed to sustain anything anymore. If we were to do your idea Cayce, it would need to be more thought out. I like it, don't get me wrong but it needs some tweaking.

Would you want the zone to have mobs that take a group of 8 10-12 rounds to kill or would you let them be like 3 rounded? Would 1 healer be enough, would that healer need 50K mana/spirit to sustain healing or would you need 2 healers with moderate pools?

I really wish that Nodeka would get more simplistic. A player shouldn't need 40K pools to be decent. That's what attracted me to Nodeka in the first place, I could play for a couple of years and max stats with 10-20K health meant that you were good sized.

Marbles sold for 3K/$ and donations were like 1K/$. Now it's 4K/$ and 10K/$ during double sun stone. Marbles sell for 30K plat, 100K during SU week. That's insane. It continues to help the big get bigger and the small can't catch up unless they spend a year running plat to spend during 1 week.

It looks like crafting was a way to fix some of the things but I don't know how much of a difference it's made. People are buying marbles to SU their crafted gear to make them bigger. There's no areas that mortals can run to obtain salvage, and even if they did they can't get into AV to convert the salvage.

Maybe put let mortals be able to obtain salvage from places like ants, or kobolds, vestil, Tundra. Put salvage gnomes in KL for mortal access, it would give people an incentive to stay a mortal longer in order to build their chars, would give new players an incentive to stay around too.

I'd like to try and start thinking of things to do with new players and your mid-sized players now. I'm willing to put forth ideas, if they'll be taken seriously. I guess I'll see how this gets shot down first.