Thread: RK Rules Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Wanderer

Default Re:RK Rules Poll

What do you mean by changing the RK rules? You mentioned in game that you would like to end botting totally... But I don\'t understand how the RK rules come into play to help that?

In a way, it seems to maybe promote PK\'ing.. but PK\'s are flawed.. There is no lose to you being PK\'ed.. So there\'s no fear there.. And even to be the person doing the killing.. You might be getting 1-3 RP..

There would need to be quite a few things to be fixed or adjusted to make botting more risky, promote PK\'ing without it being what it is now. Either RPA which is fine. Or a revenge tool taken to the extreme where some players are forced to quit playing. Now I understand the personal satisfaction in that you got someone to quit a game because of you, but ultimately your stabbing yourself in the foot with a lower player base.

So, there\'s a
botting issue - big players bot and maintain if not grow the gap from the newer players trying to catch up

Clan Issue - like mentioned before.. two clans control the mud to a degree, and they aren\'t fighting each other, so that leaves the rest of us as their play toys

PK issue - no real downsides to being PK\'ed other than the annoyance of regening.. Or your slowing if not hinder the growth of certain players.. We chatted about the issue of being able to lockdown players too easily.. Some suggestions were high Prevents on skills such as Spy, visit, portal.. high as in 30-45mins.. Maybe actually making what the help PK files says.. If you target a single person and repeatedly kill them that they will grow from that.. I think I get like 200K from a death.. Not sure if its fixed or random or how it works.. But trust me, being repeatedly killed in no way helps you grow other than, don\'t get in that situation again.. Easy fix would be to remove that wording from the help file .. I say thats easy, because if you do give some type of bonus for people killed a lot.. You would just have people doing it to get that bonus instead of running experience..

And something to look forward to after lvl 300. Yes you do have maxxing all your stats.. Then what.. The crafting is a good move, but there really aren\'t any help files on that for newer players to easily get started on that..

So you bot more, get more gold, so you can train your pools up.... Bot more for money to purchase better EQ from the bigger players.. Then you can explore newer areas a little more safely.. Till then, you stick to where the GPM is the best..

My rant is over..