View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Apprentice

actually...i'm gonna have to disagree with whim's idea on this one =/
i don't see the reason in tweaking the speed stat on items...it's basically the fighter classes equivalent of casters willpower eq...sure you get fighters running around with 20 odd attacks nowadays but they've still gotta have a decent hit/dam to make up it work...what about casters (*cough*warlocks) stacking willpower and knocking their buffs, spell damage and NR up to some really nifty amount??? (gonna start pickign on warlocks now so serenity..just ignore this part! :P) as if it's not bad enough already without buffs, warlocks have a buff that gives them more NR than most fighters would ever have (reign of resist)...dish out 2k over damage per wrinkle on players (with time bending that 2-3 a round)...tank like a tank (obvious pun intended)...and still hit harder than most fighters would!! (i still can't get a grip on this one)...
(ok serenity, you can read now :P) to get the speed scaling right, there's a lot of defense which has to be given up...and from a pk point of view, the stronger defense is always gonna win (yay for willpower/hps or agi/hps eq?)
someone's gonna tell me to stop whining and go warlock soon enough :P

p.s. i still don't understand why it's willpower and not constitution that increases natural resistance =/