Thread: Bounties
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Novice

Nodeka is a PK mud that frowns upon the killing part of PK..

Bounty system could work if you turn off auto-approve triggers. And manually approve people you know are gonna hunt and not split the bounty. Yes any bounty someone is willing to actually stop botting for, is normally just split between the hunter and killer. You are better off finding someone that possibly doesn't like the person and pay them directly and then watch the person die. That prevents them from seeing the bounty then recalling to clan hall or another safe and then taking offers to split the bounty and they will leave safe.

I'd like to see a high min bounty like 10-20K and players drop a head or ear, which would need to be turned into to claim a prize that can't be shared with the killed party, Maybe some practices or Affects. If the min bounty was 10K, I would see a max of 50 practices.. Maybe it scales up depending on how much the bount y is set at? same with renown. Long as the reward is much lower than what you could enhance for to prevent abuse.

Although I don't even see that enticing many people to stop botting to collect, unless it was an easy kill for them. The body parts would be a fun bragging item though.. Put a lifetime on them.. Some people would rather show off the collected items vs turning in for the reward.

Maybe the reward is random. with a like 1% or .5% chance of some big bonus. But again, something that can't be shared.

Loggin on is excuse enough to PK for me.
I am a stalker of shadows, with fingers both quick and light. I am aware of the softest sounds and move even softer. My friends are none, my obligations are less. I tread with the scum of the earth. I am a thief, and it's a pleasure to meet you.