Thread: Bounties
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I don't know what Syveril was getting at specifically, nor how he said it or to whom, so I don't know if there was reason behind it or if it was disrespectful or if it was a joke or what. I do think bounties are a little messed, in the current implementation and the current environment. I'd guess that a pretty significant percentage of the current bounty collections are done by collusion, getting a friend to kill you to remove it and collect the platinum. I don't think that's the intent when Fenrir throws them out.
Well Tomb, let me start by saying I'm not trying to be rude or start trouble. I was just talking while pking but I think you've already figured out my meaning from the context. Let's review! You killed Bruno, so Kerlyn collected me and we went to attack you. As soon as we attacked, you say that you consider that an act of war, since you didn't have a bounty on you.

That is an incredible statement. You're still carrying a pk flag fresh from killing someone and you're somehow offended/surprised when his clan-members (and his big sister, no less) come and attack you? We made no complaint that you went around collecting bounties. But isn't it a little preposterous to expect not to be pked after pking other people?

It's not that I object to bounty-killing, but you understand that I had limited ability to expound on the topic at the time. My objection is to your expectation of immunity simply because you had collected your own bounty by dying to your pet.

So really, it's not that bounties are a lame excuse (although they sort of are). What I meant to say is that expecting no retaliation simply because you don't have a bounty is a bit much for me to swallow.

I am annoyed at the use of bounties atm. For the most part, bounties are not posted because someone wants someone killed by bounty hunters. Bounties are posted, and then the poster and his or her friends are approved, and then they go off and squish someone. All it's doing is adding spam and perhaps providing a veil of legitimacy to their aggression (I was just collecting the bounty!).

I'll admit that I sometimes approve myself and my clanmates when I post a bounty on someone. That's just ridiculous. If I'm going to attack someone and have my friends help me, I should just say so and not spam the world with bounty posts. I don't think a person should be able to approve themselves or anyone in their clan when they post a bounty.

Last edited by Syveril; 08-07-2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: grammatical errors; preface