View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh View Post
well...people would be more open to pk if they fancy their chances at getting away after that...without spy, you're not gonna be able to find me...right now with spy, there's a total lockdown...and because people don't wanna get locked down, they rather not get involved in anything...
I'm going to have to disagree here. All spies have been changed to a charge based ability or are on a lengthy prevent ( see necro ).

There is an over abundance in my opinion of !spy currently. Every other race is !distant magic, do you know how hard it is to spy people these days, let alone visit them with !distant magic?

The change for !spy races was actually so fighters weren't completely engulfed by casters who could spy and teleport in. Making it harder to spy does 2 things(given the current framework of !distant magic):
1) it deters people from PKilling because they have no idea what is waiting for them
2) it gives fighters an edge over casters because now the caster's aren't able to prepare for whats coming( granted neither can the fighters now that they can't have a friend spy, but fighters can prepare on the front end a bit more than most casters )

Regardless of spy or not, there's always going to be the lockdown factor in an online pkilling situation. Happens in all kinds of games.