Thread: Trials
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Wanderer

Default Implementation?

I see what your saying cirdan, but to me the hard part comes in at implementation, and then after that what incentives it would support.
1) Does your contribution to the moral/immoral battle be a smaller % then those who are completing harder trials?
2)Does your rewards also vary according to what you contributing?
3)Just at steps 1 and 2, the amount of implementation to just hand out trials dependent on , well dependent on what exactly? You said rank in an above post. Over all rank? And so the whole population of nodeka will have separate little sections of trials they can do and separate little contributions. Maybe a better attempt is stat base totals?

At any rate, in my opinion, this sets up a system that continually favors the strongest characters on nodeka.
The strongest character get the most challenging ones, but also get uber rewards, furthering the gap between the weak and strong.

I think that the people who don't have the stats to really contribute to the trial process probably don't really know much about the game in general, and as Serenity suggested, ought to know the game better. I don't know if you can complain about that there isn't anything else to do, because we have a bunch of quests to keep you busy if your bored of growing.

The implementation stress would just be too much, and really in my mind seems unnecessary to accommodate people who just want to power level.