Official Nodeka Board

Official Nodeka Board (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Change to Sprite (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21)

Serenity 01-18-2008 07:18 AM

Change to Sprite

The new change to sprite, a good thing or a bad thing?
Should it be extended to remorts?
Discuss here...

Kizer 01-19-2008 11:11 PM

Re:Change to Sprite

The new affect, \'unbreakable concentration\' is a 2x crit attack. Sprites don\'t get a +str bonus, so I think it would be mostly wasted on morts and minor remorts. For there to be a huge difference noticed to the footpad as a sprite it wouldn\'t be noticed too hugely (in my opinion) until they\'ve trained enough to make that strength more noticable.
On the flip side, a mortal that trains to 100 strength and has it, could be absolutely deadly depending on how many pracs they put into critical attack to make it more effective. I think it\'s a good change that makes the race more powerful for a rarely used class from what I\'ve seen. As far as I\'ve noticed, I\'ve never seen a minor remort footpad, only super huge major remort ones that really know what they\'re doing with it.
I guess it could go either way, but I really like it. Though I\'m biased as a fan of rogues.

Zqxm 03-25-2008 04:38 PM

This change sounds pretty good. At least one person is trying it as a footpad. I saw a Sprite Shadow Archer the other day. I\'ll have to bother them to give me details or watch them run (I like to watch).

How much does a race change cost these days?

-Zq the lone board poster.

Serenity 03-26-2008 07:15 AM

Same as it did when you were last here...

Race Change:

You must be level 100 to race change. The cost of a race change is dependent
upon your remortal status. Costs are outlined below.

Non-remortal and minor remortal cost:

3 sun stones
10,000 platinum
200 million experience

Major remortal cost:

3 sun stones
10,000 platinum
400 million experience

and for those who want to know...

Class change:

Costs for class adaptation of the same lineage tree:

3 sun stones
10,000 platinum
400,000,000 experience

Costs for class adaptation of non-lineage trees:

20 sun stones
25,000 platinum
400,000,000 experience

For more information, see: help alteration

phi 04-25-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zqxm (Post 154)
This change sounds pretty good. At least one person is trying it as a footpad. I saw a Sprite Shadow Archer the other day. I\'ll have to bother them to give me details or watch them run (I like to watch).

How much does a race change cost these days?

-Zq the lone board poster.

Don't even bother to change to SPRITE because it does not make any noticeable different. I rather be an Oji-oem or Dark Elf/Jerowae, it was a waste of stones to change to Sprite. I missed mal most of the time after changing to it, crit attack is weak as sprite anyway.

Kapok 05-08-2008 07:04 AM

Well if you have crit at 250% it'd be quite nice. But you can't have a second crit go off if Stratagem of the Cloak goes off, so it's either a second crit or stratagem.