Official Nodeka Board

Official Nodeka Board (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Warlock Questions (http://www.nodeka411.net/forum/showthread.php?t=497)

Astrikken 12-08-2009 01:02 AM

Warlock Questions

I have been looking through the 2nd remort class options for the Warlock and am undecided between the Archimage of War and Eon Aetelos(sp?). I have a couple of questions:

How much better are the Quiet Trident and Spatha of Vylryvn (sp?) than the standard weapons the Warlock gets?

What do Koloq and Qoloq do? The help files are not very, well, helpful in that regard. I note that anyone who is a Warlock also seems to be a Eon Aetelos, so maybe that's a hint.

Thanks in advance!

Rar 12-08-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrikken (Post 1601)
I have been looking through the 2nd remort class options for the Warlock and am undecided between the Archimage of War and Eon Aetelos(sp?). I have a couple of questions:

How much better are the Quiet Trident and Spatha of Vylryvn (sp?) than the standard weapons the Warlock gets?

What do Koloq and Qoloq do? The help files are not very, well, helpful in that regard. I note that anyone who is a Warlock also seems to be a Eon Aetelos, so maybe that's a hint.

Thanks in advance!

Koloq and qolok grant time-walking, which according to the helpfile is 20% less lag and 12.5% less prevention. It's like a pair of miniature temporal gates of bending (that spell gives you true time bending which is -50% lag and prevention) that last longer.

The trident and spatha are VERY powerful, but they're far more PK-oriented than running-oriented because they don't last very long nor do they have as much damage output as the warlock's better weapons. The reason they're powerful is that hitting people with the trident silences them so they can't cast spells, and spatha does the same except for skills.

The warlocks right now are all Eons because that's probably the best running (gold-scripting) subclass at the moment. :)

Serenity 12-08-2009 07:29 AM

Now why did he have to add that to the end |at the moment. :)| see now that suggests more Warlock pain is on the way!

Fenulia 12-08-2009 09:35 AM

I think it's got something to do with how time-bend/walk is just one of those things that only Warlocks and a few specific races get, but seems to pretty much blow most other "unique to just this class tree" abilities out of the water. Nobody likes lag/prevention time, and getting to "do more" in combat(or out of it, like buffing times) makes it feel like you're getting more bang for your buck(or doe, or whatever).

Syveril 12-10-2009 12:56 AM

Another thing to consider is that Eon Ataelos is the only warlock subclass without alignment restrictions. The other subclasses retain the 700 alignment no-fly zone which can be annoying when you're switching zones to run.

Serenity 12-10-2009 05:15 AM

Not unique to warlocks though, Spirited witch also is the same if I remember right not sure of other classes.